Friday, July 1, 2016

Five for Friday ~ July 1




Hello!
How is it that it's July first already??  I feel like all of a sudden the holiday weekend is upon us and I didn't see it coming.  Do you have plans?  We are glad to be home and resuming a tradition we started with friends.  On that note...





What do you do for the 4th?  Growing up, my town had an amazing celebration with a parade, followed by a picnic at the park, followed by fireworks at night.  Like straight out of a Hollywood movie!  That's what friends said when I brought them home with me from college or they came to spend the 4th with us.  They couldn't get over it.  So now we are home in the PNW and are excited to resume our tradition.  We always go over to our friends' house to go see the fireworks with them.  They have 5 boys and our kids have grown up together.  This year we are headed over to their house for dinner.  We are going to put on a movie to let the kids relax after dinner.  Fireworks don't start till 10 or 10:15 out here so it's a late night.  From their house we can walk to a park and watch the fireworks.  What are your plans??



We had some gorgeous weather this week.  My husband was off the first couple days after returning from a work trip so we took the opportunity to enjoy some family time.  We had a blast at Denny Park.  There's a playground and it's right on the lake.  I thought the kids would run screaming from the cold water but actually they said it wasn't too bad.  It's definitely not the Bahamas... but it's still water.




Tuesday was haircut day.  Suri got a bang trim, not wanting to be left out.  Levi wanted a little more length on top so he can do "spikes".  We celebrated summer with some Menchies ice cream after.


Tuesday was also the last day of spring semester gymnastics.  The kids all get a ribbon for their participation.  Suri was happy to pose with hers.  So proud of her for everything she has learned!





Today is Friday and that means it's another #Freshsqueezedfriday brought to you my my friends from the Primary Punchbowl.  This week I've marked down my back to school theme math task cards to $1.  These are normally $7.50 so this is a great deal!  Last week I grabbed a classroom decor and labels set for $1.  There are some GREAT deals.  Just search #freshsqueezedfriday on TpT and you can shop some awesome dollar deals.


Happy 4th of July and enjoy the long weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Denny park looks amazing! My little one just finished her gymnastic and got a ribbon too! I have started writing the date she received them on because we have SO many of them now and she's only 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spikes! My boyfriend doesn't have to work on the 4th this year so we are heading to Orlando to spend a little time with his family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Fresh Squeezed Friday deals!! That is such a cute name for it!! I'll head on over there to check it out! Your kids are precious! Enjoy the 4th!! Linda's Learning Loot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, again! I tried to find The Primary Punchbowl on TpT but I couldn't. Is it under another name where I can find it quickly! Thanks! Linda G.

    ReplyDelete