Thursday, June 23, 2016

Five for Friday ~ June 24





Hello!
Happy first Friday of Summer!  At least it is for me and most teachers here in the PNW.  To those of you well entrenched in summer... hope you are enjoying every minute of it.

I confess I haven't been as good about taking pictures this week.  Not really sure what got into me... oh yeah... summer.  ;)  But I'll still share a look back at my week.  Here's what we've been up to...


My husband has been in Charleston all week for work.  He rarely gets to travel for work and this was an opportunity to take a class he was really interested in.  I'm just glad it was during summer break so I didn't have to reconfigure everyone's daycare arrangements.  He comes back tomorrow.  We have survived the week and the kids have been great but we miss daddy and are ready for him to come home.


I have an interview!  I'm so excited!  A neighboring school district called this week and I am scheduled to interview for their hiring pool Tuesday morning at 10:30am.  I'll interview first and then do the writing assessment... a parent newsletter.  Easy peasy!  So what to wear???
I'm thinking this dress with my red flats and a long navy dressy cardigan over it.  Or should I go for the classic suit?


My husband and I booked our first trip away without our kids!  We are so excited!  We are going to Vegas at the end of July for 2 nights.  We'll be staying at Cesar's Palace... so a fun change from The Venetian from the TpT conference the past two years.  Can't wait!  We plan on lots of pool time and walks along the strip in the evenings and a show as well.


Well I finished Bel Canto and I have to admit... It wasn't my favorite.  I kept with it because I wanted to find out what happened.  I was pretty disappointed in the ending.  Anyone else read it yet?  What did you think?  I'm on to my next book and so far it's way more promising... I'm starting Still Life by Louise Penny.  It's the first book in her Inspector Gamache series.  So far it's way better than Bel Canto.  And since it's a series there's lots more to enjoy!



Lastly, it's Fresh Squeezed Friday!  All summer long my fellow teachers from The Primary Punchbowl and I are marking down one product in our stores to $1.  You are welcome to join in if you'd like.  Send me an email and I can get you the image.  Search #freshsqueezedfriday on TpT and on Instagram to find great products for only $1.

Today only you can grab my sub plans pack for only $1.  All you need is the book The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Willems and my unit and you're ready to go for 1 to 3 days!


Happy Summer!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on your interview. I hope you and hubby have a great trip to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your interview! I love the dress, very classy! I think that would be perfect for the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the dress is perfect! Elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very timely with your book reviews! I posted a list of book recommendations on my blog today! So, you are headed back to Vegas! If you do not already have tickets, you should think about seeing Terry Fator. We saw him last summer and he was our favorite show and more affordable than others! Have fun!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your interview! I love the dress you picked out. I hope you have a fun trip to Vegas. I live here and can highly recommend any of the Cirque shows - my favorites are O at the Bellagio and Michael Jackson One at Mandalay Bay. Have a great weekend!

    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the interview! And enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck to you on your interview. I love the dress. It's a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is perfect for the interview! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete