Friday, February 5, 2016

Five for Friday ~ Feb. 5




fiveforfriday2_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg
Hello!

Happy Friday!  I'm excited to be back and joining in on one of my favorite linky parties Five for Friday.  Thanks, as always, to the wonderful Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting a way for all of us to catch up with each other and connect weekly.

Let's get started...







Technically this happened last week.  But I haven't blogged in forever so I figured this was still relevant.  This was all ours.  All our crates of stuff from the Bahamas.  The kids are happy to have their toys and belongings.  Now our new house is beginning to feel like home.  





While we were happy that our sea shipment arrived... much arrived damaged, missing, and/or broken.  This is how they packed my husband' bike.  :(










I've started subbing.  My first sub job was for a third grade classroom across the hall from my daughter's classroom.  It was a great day.  I had fun.  I have to admit that it was nice having the plans all done for you and being able to just go home at the end of the day without worrying about anything.  Being an overachiever and anchor chart obsessed I did some charting with the kiddos on main idea and supporting details and on graphing/data collection.  



Tonight we have small group for the church that we attend.  We started going last week.  I'm bringing a bit of the Bahamas for dinner tonight... Bahamian Macaroni and Cheese.  YUM!!! One of my favorites from living there the past 2 years.  This is the best recipe I've found.  Try it...I'm pretty sure you'll love it!



I've been working on updating some products lately.  I haven't had time to do anything TpT related for a couple of months so it felt good to go back and revamp some products.  Some just got new covers, others got new fonts, more pages, etc...  Click on any of them to read more about them in my TpT store... or if you own them, go and re-download to get the most updated versions.












Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joya. Glad life is not boring :) Too bad about the movers- when my daughter moved cross country this fall they split her couch! Her first ever new couch... she was sad. Hope you continue to love subbing and everything falls in place. See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the movers. We've had similar experiences with that. You made anchor charts while subbing?! Can you come sub for me? Pretty please? Lol enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am commenting again! So glad to find a "local" TPT store! Cannot wait to check it out. Before I do, do you happen to have anything for the Bahamas? I teach first grade down here and will be teaching second as I am looping.

    ReplyDelete