Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Year's Resolutions… A Blog Link Up!





Hello!
Happy New Year!  My Primary Punchbowl blogging buddies Jayme from Teach Talk Inspire and Diana from My Day in K have created this super fun New Year's Resolutions Blogging Link-up.  We are sharing resolutions for the new year in school, our personal lives, and for our blogs.  What a fun way to share what's on our hearts for this new year and to get inspired, right?  I mean, let's face it, I always read everyone else's resolutions and think "Why didn't I think of that?"  Here's hoping we can bring you some inspiration!



This January I will venture into the world of student teaching for the first time in my 15 year teaching career.  I've enjoyed spending two years at home with my children while we lived in the Bahamas.  Now we are back home in Washington.  Now it's back to reality.  There aren't any full-time teaching jobs in January so I will spend the rest of this year subbing.  Wish me luck!  I vow to be brave!  :)


As I stated above we have just moved back from the Bahamas.  We spent two years there for my husband's job.  Now we are back home in the Seattle area.  December has been a whirlwind.  We left the Bahamas on December 13.  Since then we have found a house to rent, moved in, and are trying to find our new normal.  We are still awaiting our sea shipment of our goods.  It's expected at the end of January.  It's coming through the Panama Canal and is taking FOREVER!  It leaves Panama on January 5.  So we've had our air shipment delivered and our storage delivered.  Then Christmas came.  Can I just say we've been living with lots of boxes??  Suri is registered for school and starts in January.  She can't wait to make some friends.  My husband is settling back into work.  My son and I are still working on finding our routine.  He was in school in the Bahamas but won't be here unless I get a full-time sub job.  We are hoping to keep him happy and busy with story times at the library, classes at the Y, trips to the zoo, children's museum, etc…  So that's my personal resolution.  Help everyone get settled and into their routine.

My poor blog has been so neglected lately.  I shifted into move mode in November and never looked back.  I need to commit to blogging.  My resolution for this new year is to blog at least 2 times a week.  I have lots of ideas to share and love to blog so it's time to get things rolling!

Happy New Year!





 

2 comments:

  1. Sure wish you could be a guest teacher in our district! Michigan has a law that retired teachers can't sub, so we are ALWAYS short and try to teach guest teachers like gold. Good luck to you– a seasoned teacher like you should do just fine and it will let you ease back in. Happy New Year, Joya! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Me again- my daughter lives in Seattle now... you never know when I might be in town. A face to face real life meeting– is it possible :) Kathleen

      Delete