Friday, November 13, 2015

Five for Friday ~November 13


fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2_thumb

Hello!

I'm so happy to be back and be linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for her fabulous Five for Friday linky party.  I've been so busy lately that I've missed blogging and linking up on Fridays to see what all my friends are up to.  What am I up to?  MOVING!  We are officially at 30 days until we fly home to Seattle.  Our two years here have flown by!  So much to do in the next 30 days but this morning I pause and reflect on my week...
 Divider-1_thumb3


Tuesday night I went to dinner with a dear friend.  Our boys look like twins and attend Montessori together.  We have become very close and I'm going to miss her dearly.  On Tuesday night we headed out to our favorite meeting place for dinner and drinks... and we decided to order dessert too!  It's a newer restaurant that is right on the beach.  Check out our view of the sunset!


Here's the two of us.  Note... we are not good selfie takers.  This was like our 6th attempt.  :)




Divider-2_thumb3
My husband had Wednesday and Thursday off.  We started cleaning and purging. 
Decluttering is an important first step to take when preparing for a move. Not sure how to get started? Here's how to declutter your place.:

Hello magic eraser I LOVE you!  When we moved in Levi was 2.  He had a lot of fun coloring our walls and doors for us to help us feel at home here.  Now comes the job of scrubbing it all off.

Divider-3_thumb3
A friend of mine back home messaged me a couple weeks back asking if I have any money games.  I said of course, I'll email them to you.  Ummm.... no I didn't.  So I've been busy creating money games.  I made Piggy Bank SPLAT!  SPLAT is a fun matching game played similar to slap jack.  I made it in color and in black and white.  There are 2 full games.  The first game has 36 coin combinations with matching numeral form cards for combinations up to 50 cents.  The second game has 36 coin combinations with matching numeral form cards for combinations of 50 cents to $1.  Both also come in black and white.  If you're in need of math stations or small group instruction activities for money click the picture to head to my store to check it out. 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Money-Game-Color-and-BW-2189731

I also made Money Go Fish.  This game comes in color and black and white as well.  There are a full set of games for coin combinations up to 50 cents and another full set for coin combinations up to $1.  A full set is comprised of 4 games in color and 2 in black and white.  Click the picture to read more about it in my store.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Money-Game-2187315



Divider-4_thumb3
Sunday I'm going to a tea party with a couple girlfriends of mine.  We are so excited.  Note that the invitation says hats and gloves are mandatory!  Luckily a friend of mine has 2 hats that 2 of us are going to borrow.  I'm hoping to find some gloves tomorrow.  Now I just have to figure out what to wear...


Divider-5_thumb3
As I stated above we are now on our last 30 days here in the Bahamas.  I've decided to celebrate and honor our time here by sharing my favorite memories from our two years here over the next 30 days.  I will be sharing these memories on facebook and instagram.  If you don't follow me on instagram you can follow me here.  If you don't follow me on facebook you can follow me here.  To kick off 30 days of memories here is day 1:

We spent Christmas Eve on the beach our first year here.  We had just moved out of temporary housing and into our home a couple days before.  Things were finally improving and we were beginning to feel happy to be in the Bahamas.  Where else can you spend Christmas Eve in the ocean and on the beach?  A Christmas Eve we won't ever forget!

Happy Friday Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. oooh! I love the beach! This looks great. Do you teach out in the Bahamas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a COOL experience!!! Two years in the Bahamas, and now a move to Seattle. :) My brother and sis-in-law live just north of there and absolutely love it. Great luck with the move!

    Blessings,
    Kenz
    ShooFlyDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete