Sunday, October 11, 2015

Primary Punchbowl Fall Blog Hop

Hello Friends!
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are finding lots of great Fall-themed activities and freebies!  Fall is my favorite time of year.  I always look forward to trips to the pumpkin patch, honey crisp apples being in season, the fall colors, and the change in the weather.  I have to admit it's a bit different living in the Bahamas for a couple years without all those things, but we still find ways to celebrate Fall.


Our favorite Fall activities always have to do with leaves.  When I was in the classroom I read Look What I Did With a Leaf every year to my students.






I would then send home a letter having them hunt for leaves and create something out of the leaves they found.  It was a great family project.  I wish I still had pictures of the amazing things my first and second graders did with leaves but I wasn't a blogger back then and the thought never really occurred to me.  *Sigh*

So what do I do with my own children when we are living in the Bahamas and the leaves aren't turning colors?  We make our own leaves with Fall colors!

Fall, leaves, art projects, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten

Note:  I did this with a group of toddlers and preschoolers and waiting for the glue to dry wasn't an option.  We opted to use some scotch tape to attach the construction paper to the painting paper.

fall, leaves, art project, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten



To celebrate Fall and as a thank you for stopping by on our fabulous Fall Hop I have created a Fall themed freebie full of resources for grades K-2 for you.  I compiled some fun activities from my Short Vowel Pumpkin SPLAT! games and my Candy Corn Theme Fall Math and ELA Pack.  Click on the picture to grab it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__l5jy3YcrzMHZPS3JSUFREcTA/view?usp=sharing






Four fabulous Fall resources are on sale for 50% off for the duration of this hop.  On sale are:

Fall, ELA, Math, no prep, reading, writing, math, Halloween, candy corn, kindergarten, first grade, second grade


vowels, long vowels, short vowels, fall, pumpkins, centers, stations, games, first grade, second grade

pumpkins, place value, math, math stations, math games, 2 digit place value, fall, first grade, second grade, third grade

Fall, even numbers, odd numbers, second grade, addition, subtraction, math, math stations, fall math
Click any of the pictures to head to my store and grab them for 50% off.  Sale ends at the end of the blog hop on October 17.



I'm giving away a $20 gift certificate to my TpT store so you can stock up on some Fall-themed goodies, or even think ahead and grab some Winter activities.  Enter below to win!

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for stopping by and click below to keep on hopping.  Happy Fall!






11 comments:

  1. What a cute craft! And thanks for an awesome freebie pack!

    Christin
    Shifting Teacher K-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pulled that book out of my teacher books to set out for my girls. That is such a good idea. We might just be collecting leaves this week and seeing what we could come up with. Wishing I could send you some of these gorgeous changing leaves from Michigan to the Bahamas!

    Sara
    Sara J Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your leaf project reminds me of The Leaf Man. So fun! We don't have traditional seasons here either but some of the leaves do change colors. It can make teaching the seasons a bit more challenging! Love the freebies! Thanks for sharing!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks awesome, Joya! I love the freebie! My kiddos always need help with abc order, so Candy Corn Craze will be on my lesson plans the week! :) I sure do love fall, but I love the beach even more ;) enjoy that beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for these great activities! I know my littles will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute! I completely understand about making your own fall leaves. Living in Florida means only one type of season, summer! :) So, we bring the seasons to the kiddies! Thank you for sharing!

    Whoop-Whoop,
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the leaf activity. Since we are still in the high 80's and low 90's our leaves aren't turning yet either. Such a fantastic freebie. It will come in handy over the next couple of weeks! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  8. The leaf art is such a fun idea! We can't wait to share this activity with our Kinders! Thank you for the freebie!! So helpful!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the leaf art. That looks so fun! Thank you for the freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That craft looks like so much fun. I need to work that into my plans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joya! I love your leaf craft. Although I like warmer weather, I always love fall time in the midwest. Thank you for the freebie! My class will love it!!
    Sarah
    Mrs B's First Grade

    ReplyDelete