Friday, October 9, 2015

Five for Friday ~ October 9, 2015


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]


Hello Friends!

Happy Friday!  Whew!  What a crazy couple of weeks it has been around here.  Last week Monday my son woke up with a throat infection and high fever that lasted the whole week.  Wednesday we woke up to news that we were under a hurricane watch.  This week Monday he woke up covered in a rash...turns out it's an allergic reaction to the antibiotic.  So the past two weeks have been a whirlwind but it's all good from here on out.  We leave Sunday for a week in Orlando for family vacation.  We are spending two days at Universal Studios so we are all very excited!  As always, a huge thanks to Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting this linky.  Let's get going...

Divider 1 
I finally got my Stitch Fix #5 pictures up on the blog last night.  You can see all 5 items here.  I'm in love with these black straight leg corduroy pants.  I just LOVE the zippers detail.

Divider 2 



 My tribe is launching a new collaborative blog this Sunday called The Primary Punchbowl.  We are giving away a pair of Kendra Scott earrings and a basket of teacher goodies.  I hope you'll stop by, get to know us, and enter to win these fabulous prizes.  

Divider 3 


Along with launching our collaborative blog we are hosting a Fall Blog Hop starting Sunday at midnight.  The hop runs through next Saturday.  We are going to be sharing favorite Fall activities, Fall freebies, 50% off our favorite Fall resources, and TpT gift certificates to our stores.  I hope you'll stop by and see what the "punch bunch" has to offer.

Divider 4 
As I said above, we woke up last week Wednesday to find out we were under a hurricane watch.  Joaquin appeared out of nowhere.  It was a stressful week with Levi being sick and needing to prepare for the hurricane if we stayed and also prepare to evacuate if it came to it.  We were spared here in Nassau.  The central and southern islands of the Bahamas were not.  The category 4 hurricane was parked over them for 36 hours.  Friends of ours are raising money through gofundme to purchase supplies and fly down with members from their church and deliver supplies and help with the clean-up.  The devastation is immense.  It will take them many years to recover.  Click here if you want to see more or learn more about the recovery effort. 

Here are some pictures I took the day before the storm around Nassau.
 Driving in downtown after rain the day before Joaquin



 The sun is disappearing...


 Yup, that's Atlantis in the distance...


 The winds started to pick up


Red skies the night before Joaquin

Divider 5
 OK, so something school-related...  My daughter is learning about even and odd numbers in school.  I was over the moon when her teacher told me this.  I just finished creating a Fall themed even and odd numbers resource.  I did several of the activities with her and she LOVES them!  This is a first.

First we did the Fall cupcake even/odd numbers sort
There are many more numbers than this but I didn't want to overwhelm her.  They also come in black and white.

Then we did the groups of objects sort where she has to look at a group of objects and identify them as even or odd.

Finally I had her play one of the games.  I had her try Roll, Add, and Sort.  She had to roll a die two times and record each number she rolled.  Then she had to write the two numbers in an addition number sentence and solve.  Finally she had to decide if the answer was even or odd.  She played it three days this week.  She loved it so much she took it to school.  Her teacher loves it so much she asked me for the entire file.

Good news!  This resource will be on sale during the Primary Punchbowl Fall Blog Hop.  It will be 50% off all next week.  Click the picture to head over to my store to check it out in more detail.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fall-Math-2085982



2 comments:

  1. Joya,
    Love the Odd & Even sort! And those pants....adorable! I bet they're super comfy, too. Joaquin must have been so scary. Glad to hear you are all safe and everyone is on the mend from the last few weeks. So excited for the blog launch and hop! Have a great weekend.
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! Those pants are SO cute!! I am so glad you guys were okay! Poor buddy...I hope he's feeling better! This is why I can't wait for you to come home...then you don't have to worry about hurricanes. I wish they would give you a stinking date already!!

    FYI- I LOVE your Odd and Even pack and so do my kiddos!!! Amazing! Isn't it so great when they are using things we create?!?! I am loving it! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete