Friday, October 2, 2015

Currently ~ October 2015

Hello Friends!
Happy October!  I have been so wrapped up in hurricane Joaquin preparations the past few days that I completely forgot that it was a new month.  We literally woke up Wednesday to find out we were under a hurricane watch.  Joaquin really snuck up on us!  So luckily I saw the instagram linky and was brought to my senses.  On another positive note... looks like Nassau is going to dodge the worst of hurricane Joaquin.  We are definitely going to get some rain and flooding from the outer bands but that's ok by me compared to the alternative.  Thanks to the fabulous Farley for hosting this fun linky every month.  Here's what I'm up to currently...
The radio station is an internet station and it plays a current country hit followed by what I would call "classic country".  Weird!  But I'm listening all the same...

Suri is off in the neighborhood playing with friends while she can.  Levi is recovering from tonsillitis and is taking a nap.  Today is the first day he has felt better.  He just ran out of stamina I guess.  I'm glad he's feeling better.  He's had a rough week.

Joaquin seems to be turning... yay!  The last flight left the island a little over an hour ago so that's it.  We are staying.  Still expecting rain and flooding but I'm ok without the hurricane force winds to go with it.  Maybe, just maybe, we won't lose power???

I'm so ready to know our date for when we move home to Seattle.  Now we are looking at mid or end of December since they have to give us at least 60 days notice.

Life is really pretty good right now.  Can't really think of anything I need.

The sky at sunset last night was gorgeous.  A boo-tiful red and pink.  I think there's a saying about red skies and storms but I just enjoyed the bee-you-tee of it.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I just love your positivity! Now I feel petty for saying something I want... ;) I remember I'd be such a Nervous Nelly about hurricane stuff in high school when I lived closer to the coast, so I just love that you're finding the beauty in the sunset! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your positivity! Now I feel petty for saying something I want... ;) I remember I'd be such a Nervous Nelly about hurricane stuff in high school when I lived closer to the coast, so I just love that you're finding the beauty in the sunset! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you are dealing with a sick kiddo and a hurricane at the same time, but I do love your positive outlook. I remember reading your blog when you were looking at getting home this fall. Sorry to hear you are still waiting for a date. I'll be praying that one comes for you soon. Best of luck and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear the hurricane will hopefully be missing you. I have never had to deal with something like that living in Ontario, Canada. I imagine it must be pretty stressful and to have to deal with a sick child at the same time is not fair. Best of luck with your move. Stay dry! :)

    Christina
    Hanging Around In Primary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to the hurricane going out to sea! It was looking like it could have hit the east coast pretty hard. I was excited to see it heading out, too. I'm also super jealous of your kid free time! :)

    I'm a new follower, I found you through the link up!
    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your family are safe and sound! Prepping for a hurricane, especially with children, has to be a little scar. Being from Ohio, we never have to worry about that. :)

    ReplyDelete