Friday, September 11, 2015

Five for Friday!

Happy Friday!

So many reasons I'm excited it's Friday this week...  Thanks to Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting this fabulous weekly linky.  Click the pic to join in on the fun.

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Divider 1 


Today is September 11.  Hard to believe it was 14 years ago today that the terrorist attacks happened.  I was living in DC at the time and wrote about that day last year here.  I found this picture of me in New York this week when I was going through some old pictures I'd found.  Behind me in the distance are the twin towers of the World Trade Center.  


Divider 2   
My kids are both back in school.  Suri started third grade.  Levi started Montessori.  I was really worried about Levi and the transition from no school to school everyday all day.  Turns out, I had no reason to worry.  He LOVES it!  He is doing so well.  He's excited to go everyday and is handling the long days like a champ.  Suri is less excited about school as she now knows that school means hard work.  She loves her teacher and friends but that's about where the love ends.


Divider 3

I'm so excited that football is back!!!  I'm a Wisconsin fan for college ball and a Packers fan for NFL.  My husband is a Seahawks fan and our teams are playing at the same time on Sunday.  I want to flip between games.  He wants to watch the Seahawks game and record the Packers game.  I think that's because he knows I won't actually sit and watch a recorded Packers game.  We are going to have to duke it out for control of the remote.

Divider 4 
How I feel about my Spark! www.advocare.com/140610828:  
I'm on day 10 of my Advocare 24 day challenge.  The first 10 days are an herbal cleanse phase.  Tomorrow I start the 14 day max phase.  I've been really good during the cleanse.  Thank goodness for my Spark though...I really miss coffee but I'm proud of myself for just drinking Spark and water and it's really good for my body too.  My body probably doesn't need the double caffeine dose so let's see how long I can go... 

Divider 5 
I just finished and uploaded this resource yesterday.

One of the first units my second grade teacher friends back in Washington teach is even and odd numbers.  According to the cores students have to be able to identify a group of objects as even or odd.  This resource is jam packed with identifying numbers as even or odd, sorting numbers by even or odd, identifying and sorting groups of objects as even or odd, and some fun games and practice pages with spinners and dice.  I threw in some addition and subtraction practice as well.  Click the picture to check out the description and in-depth preview in my store.

Well we have a fun weekend ahead of us.  There's a back to school party tomorrow night the kids are really excited about.  We don't currently have a pool to swim in since both pools in our neighborhood are undergoing maintenance.  They are excited to swim at the party tomorrow evening.  My husband like going because all our friends and our kids' friends will be there.  The kids are totally safe to run around so we don't really have to worry about them.  This means we actually get time to chat and eat.  Amazing, right??

Sunday we have church in the morning....and football when we get home.  Wahoo!!

Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. If you've made it through the first 10 days, you're doing great! I love Spark, especially the fruit punch flavor. Sorry to say, but I'm with your husband - Go Hawks! :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo/word collage you made for your kiddos pictures! That's darling. I need to start doing that. I was lucky to get a picture of both my boys on their 1st day of MDO. :)

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics of your kids !! Good luck with your 14 days max phase - i'm sure you'll do great!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kiddos are aborable! And so glad to hear your son is enjoying the transition - what a blessing! And wow - I've always admired people who have the self discipline to do a cleanse challenge! Congrats on making it through the first 10 days!

    Ashley
    One Step Closer Teaching

    ReplyDelete