Friday, August 7, 2015

Five for Friday ~ August 7, 2015

Hello Friends!
Happy Friday!  Some of you are already back to school and getting back into the swing of a school year routine.  I hope all has been going smoothly, well, as smoothly as a first week can go.  It was a busy week around here.  I'm linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for my linky party fave: Five for Friday!  Click the picture below to join in on the fun.  Here's my week in review...


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Divider 1 
This happened last weekend.  Hunny Bunny is my daughter's class pet.  Hunny Bunny came for a visit last weekend.  Only when  Hunny Bunny got home did my daughter mention the fact that it was a 3 day weekend.  Monday was a Bahamian holiday.  Great!  Now we had to keep the bunny alive for 3 days??  Good news!  We survived, Hunny Bunny survived, and overall it was a fun experience.  This morning my daughter asked if Hunny Bunny can come home with us for the 2 week break coming up.  Ummm... no.

Divider 2 
Monday and Tuesday was the TpT sale.  How was it for you?  I've heard mixed reviews.  Seems like it was really good for some people and not so good for others.  I think it depends on what's in your store.  I uploaded this bundle just in time for the sale.  It's a growing bundle.  Right now it has 9 math games in the bundle for $16.  I have a couple more products nearly ready to add so this is the last weekend it will be $16.  If you're a K-2 teacher grab it now because then you get all the new games and resources added to it for free for life!  Wowzers, right?
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Math-1992448

Divider 3 

 This is what we did for preschool story hour this week.  It was all about Humpty Dumpty.  The kids just love saying and singing this nursery rhyme.  I will blog about this in detail and include a pattern if anyone is interested in doing this with your kiddos.  It's always fun when you bring out the band-aids.  I also gave them Humpty Dumpty books for them to take home, color, and practice reading.  They are in my store for $1.  I made them in color and in black and white.  You can grab them here.
Divider 4 
 Found this taste of home at our grocery store this week.  I couldn't believe it!  Red Robin Fries in the Bahamas??  I bought a bag (should've bought 2, or 3, or 4) and we had them with dinner that night.  Yum!

Divider 5 
You know when you find the perfect house and it's probably too soon?  Yeah, that happened to us.  5 bedrooms, almost double the square footage of our townhome here in the Bahamas, loft space for the toys, perfect neighborhood.  Lots of room for foster kiddos, a fenced in yard, you know, PERFECT!!!  We even have friends going to look at it for us.  We are going to try and convince the owner to wait for us.  It's perfect!!!  Crossing our fingers...

That's all for my week.  My daughter is at summer school and my son is off at preschool play group with his friends in the neighborhood.  I'm going to go curl up with my kindle and my book I started reading last night.  How about you?  What are you up to?

 


4 comments:

  1. The Humpty Dumpty activity with Band Aids is so cute. Thanks for sharing that!
    I'm glad that your daughter got to bring the class pet home. I used to have a rabbit as a class pet and it was A LOT of work, but that's when I taught 4th grade so the older kids helped me take care of him. As a kindergarten teacher, I'm currently pet free. I might get some fish this year, I might... not sure yet. We do have a plant in the science center. LOL
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunny Bunny story is so funny and cute! I am considering doing a "class pet" and journal with my kindergartners this year, but I think we are going to use a stuffed animal in case of any mishaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curled up with my laptop reading blogs :) I used to have a bunny. He wasn't too bad of a pet... except he was eating the wall to wall carpet behind the couch and we didn't KNOW it! Luckily we had a very nice landlord. And I love Humpty! Looking forward to the complete post. See you later. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog through Kathleen, and it's so cute! Congrats on keeping Hunny Bunny alive! Playing with a rabbit for 3 days and then getting to give it back sounds like a good deal to me! Ha!

    -Amanda
    Kindergarten Teacher at the Wheel

    -Amanda
    Kindergarten Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete