Thursday, July 23, 2015

TpTVegas2015... So Much Fun!! ~Part 1

Hello Friends!
I realize that I am way behind in posting about TpTVegas2015 but life happens, right?  I still wanted to share some of my biggest take aways and memories with you all and those don't go away even after time has passed.

This was not my first year in Vegas.  I went last year.  I had so much fun that I knew I had to go again.
Last year...
 

My friends Kristin and Lindsey from 2 Literacy Teachers and I were roomies last year and were roomies again this year.  We taught together at the same school for 5 years before I moved down here to the Bahamas for 2 years.  My other bestie Alicia comes with her hubby for some serious Vegas fun and to hang out with us.  She's a teacher too but doesn't TpT....yet.  :)

This year I flew out on a Tuesday morning since I was flying from the Bahamas and wanted to make it in time for the Real Housewives of TpT meet-up.  Here I am outside the Nassau Airport.

My first meet-up of the conference was The Real Housewives of TpT.  We met at The Grand Luxe Cafe in the Palazzo.  We had our own room.  The food was delicious and the meet-up was a blast!  It was hosted by my friends Jennifer from A Dab of Glue Will Do, Elissa from Mrs. Jones Creation Station, and Sara from Sara J. Creations.  We sat at tables of 4-6 people and it was a nice way to really chat and get to know other stay at home moms and full-time TpTers.  Here's some pictures from the meet-up.



TpTVegas2015 Registration Time!


Wednesday night was the huge teacher/blogger meet-up.  There were like 1000 people there.  It really pushed me to be social, and I'm an extrovert!  I did win a prize... $100 towards purchasing some sit spots.  Yay!  Can't wait to order them when I'm back in the states.   I'm proud of myself for not being shy and going up and meeting some of the inspiring sellers I wanted to meet.  Here we are with Amy Lemons, Krista Wallden, Rachel Lynette, and our friend Alexis Sanchez.


Thursday morning there were networking opportunities in grade level bands.  I had a blast in the pre-k and k one.  They had a sheet out where you had to find someone to sign every square on your sheet to be entered to win a prize.  The squares said things like "Find someone teaching kindergarten for the very first time" or "Loves to teach writing".  It was fun and definitely helped inspire conversation.  I even got to indulge in some conversation with Deanna Jump!  

Thursday afternoon it was time for the conference to start!

My first session was The Superpowers of Powerpoint.  It was hosted by Hope King, Rachelle Smith, and Michelle Oakes.  They wore superhero costumes and made the session fun and engaging.

My biggest take-aways were:
1.  Secure your documents
2.  Play around with text effects to make it pop on the page.  (right click or control click and format text)
3.  Experiment with tilting your graphics so part of it is on the page or it's facing a different direction.  Don't always think top to bottom.

My next session was a blogging panel hosted by Emily from Education to the Core, Kristin from A Teeny Tiny Teacher, Maria from Kinder Craze, and Megan from I Teach. What's Your Superpower.

My biggest take-aways were:
1. Be yourself
2. Be consistent (blog once a week, once a month, but be consistent)
3.  Solve the readers' problems

Thursday night we went out on the town.  Well, nothing too wild and crazy because we were all tired.  We went to Serendipity for frozen hot chocolates for dessert at the end of our night.


My friend Alicia's husband caught this picture of all of us taking pictures of our drinks.  Hilarious!


Well, that is where I will leave you for part one of my adventures in Vegas.  Tune in tomorrow for part 2!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you've got to go to the past 2 meets! I am so determined to get to go this year! I have all my fingers crossed that we can hopefully fit it in! It looks like you've had such a great time there !

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegas is so much fun! It's exhausting too though. I hope you can go. It makes such a difference and it's so nice to meet everyone face to face and make connections that way too. Hope to see you there in 2016!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete