Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Toddler Tuesday...and Preschoolers Too! ~Summer Stories



Hello Friends!

I've been absent from blogging for a couple weeks now due to my trip to Vegas and having had family visiting.  Lots to blog about so stay tuned!  Today I'm catching up on what my toddlers, preschoolers, and I have been up to this summer.  Looking for fun summer themed ideas?  Read on!

 

For the Tuesday before 4th of July (June 30) we read A is for America...
http://www.amazon.com/America-Devin-Scillian/dp/1585360155/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437591605&sr=1-1&keywords=a+is+for+america

 and made hand print fireworks.  They turned out really cute.  I found the idea on pinterest but the picture didn't link anywhere.  If you are the author, please let me know and I'll credit you.  :)





The Tuesday after that (July 7) I was leaving for Vegas.  I prepped everything for my friend Paula to lead story hour for me.  The theme was... sharks!

I ordered this book from Amazon:
 http://www.amazon.com/Hark-Shark-Sharks-Learning-Library/dp/0375870733/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437590949&sr=1-6&keywords=sharks+books+for+kids
They made this adorable footprint shark.  This was perfect timing as it was also Shark Week.
 In honor of Shark Week, we made Footprint Sharks. No animals or children were harmed in the making. Not even a drop of blood! These sharks are sure to steal the show on your refrigerator!

Last week (July 14) we did a camping theme. 
I read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/When-We-Camping-Margriet-Ruurs/dp/0887766854/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437590323&sr=1-6&keywords=camping+books+for+kids



We made campfires on black construction paper with red, orange, and yellow tissue paper.  I pre-cut the wood out of brown construction paper.  We used cotton balls for the marshmallows.  I saw this idea on Pinterest...
http://www.iheartcraftythings.com/2015/06/cupcake-liner-campfire-craft-for-kids.html

But didn't want to trek all over the island looking for different colored cupcake wrappers.  So we used tissue paper and they turned out really cute!




This week (July 21) the theme was Mermaids!


I read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Little-Mermaids-Paula-Wiseman/dp/1442412860/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437591194&sr=1-1&keywords=three+little+mermaids


The kiddos loved getting to come up and feel different parts of the book and move the objects that moved.  This was a very interactive book.

Then we made mermaids and mermen.  I got the idea here...
Paint a Handprint Mermaid Activity

And ours look like this...




We've been busy having fun all summer long.  Only a few more weeks to go!  What are you busy doing with your toddlers and/or preschoolers?  Share some ideas below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment