Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Toddler Tuesday ~ and Preschoolers Too!

Hello Friends!
I was planning out preschool story hour the other day and realized that there are only 5 more left!  Sad!  All the kiddos are headed to some kind of school this fall so we won't be continuing with story hour.  So I worked hard to come up with 5 really fun ideas that I know my kids will love. 

This week as all about.... Beach Balls!

I got the idea from this picture on pinterest.  It doesn't link anywhere but the picture was enough to get my mind going.
 beach ball kid craft

I read Hello Ocean by Pam Munoz Ryan.


Here's the link to check it out on amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Ocean-Hola-Munoz-Ryan/dp/1570913722/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438112298&sr=8-2&keywords=hello+ocean#reader_1570913722


This book has fantastic pictures.  The kiddos loved them.  There's even a beach ball that keeps reappearing throughout the story.  We also were able to reinforce the 5 senses as she "loves the way the ocean feels, looks, tastes, sounds, and smells."  This book is also written in Spanish right next to the English text.

After the story we sang our songs.  One of our new favorites is Five Green and Speckled Frogs.  One little one giggles uncontrollably when I shiver at the part where the frog jumps into the pool where it is nice and cool.  She thinks it's hilarious!  So cute!

Then I got out a beach ball.  We talked about the colors we see on the beach ball and everyone got a turn to hold the beach ball. 

Finally it was time to do our craft.  The kids were so excited.  I prepared the paper plates ahead of time by drawing the circle in the middle with the lines leading out with a black sharpie.  That way the kids just had to paint to their heart's content.  They are getting so good at painting!






Hope you get to try this one with your toddlers and/or preschoolers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment