Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday ~July 24

Happy Friday!
Yay for Fridays!  Now that my daughter is in summer school we are in a routine very similar to that of our school year.  Getting myself up and her up isn't always an easy chore.  I'm ready for the weekend... how about you?

I love linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for this fabulous linky party.  Thanks Kacey for hosting.  Click on the picture to join in the fun!
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]


Time to get this party started!
 Divider 1
We started our week off last weekend with our daughter's birthday party.  It was an Annie theme.  I did the decorations in a red and white theme and tried to make everything at the table look like an italian restaurant... like the one she waits outside of every Friday for her birth parents.




 Divider 2
Tuesday was preschool story hour.  We did a mermaid theme.  These were fun.  The kids are really getting used to us painting their hands now.


I blogged more in detail about all our summer preschool projects here.


 Divider 3
Tuesday was also my daughter's official birthday.  Her favorite present is probably the Furby Boom.  I think the clothes and furniture for her doll come in a close second.  We also got her a wheel chair, crutches, and cast set for her 18 inch doll.  This has been a huge hit with her and her friends in the neighborhood this week.


 Divider 4
Yesterday I finally got a blog post written and posted about Vegas.  Can I say that I miss Vegas??  Anyone else??  You can click the picture to read more about my first 2 days.

http://www.liveloveserveteach.blogspot.com/2015/07/tptvegas2015-so-much-fun-part-1_23.html
Divider 5
Starting Sunday my tribe (The Primary Punchbowl) is  going to be kicking off a Christmas in July sale for 3 days.  What's one of everyone's favorite parts about Christmas?  Presents, right?  Well each of us will have a surprise present for you (freebie) in our TpT stores.  Our stores will also be on sale.  You can hop from store to store via instagram.  Make sure you follow me on instagram so you don't miss out!  Merry Christmas in July!

I am looking forward to some pool time this afternoon and weekend... how about you?  What do you have planned for the weekend?  Whatever it may be... Enjoy!

 


  

10 comments:

  1. Hi Joya, looks like you had a fun week! Happy birthday to your daughter, what a fun theme! Love the mermaid hand prints. I'm glad you had a great time in Vegas! Can't wait for our sale! :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      It was a fun but busy week. She loved her Annie theme. You'll have to come to Vegas in 2016!

      Joya :)

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    Italian restaurant looks so fun. How great! Enjoy your summer.

    Cheers,
    DocRunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! The girls really enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by!
      Joya :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Joya, Sounds like life is good. Lucky bum, you got to go to Vegas! See you around. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen,
      Great to see you again friend! Life is good, for sure! I had a blast in Vegas and learned so much. Hope you can come to Vegas 2016 and we can meet in person!
      Joya :)

      Delete
  4. That Italian restaurant theme is so fun. I love how it goes with the movie but isn't commercialized!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There really isn't anything out there for the new Annie since it's so new. So I got to be creative. I had fun dreaming it up.

      Joya :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow - your five for friday is just fabulous - especially the italian theme for the birthday party! That looks great! I LOVE handprint crafts! The mermaids look so fab I bet the kiddos loved doing them! So jealous you got to go to Vegas, i'm heading over to your post now to read all about it!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The girls loved the italian restaurant. It worked really well. I also love doing handprint crafts. As we've done more of them the younger ones are less resistant to having their hands painted. Thanks for stopping by!
      Joya :)

      Delete