Saturday, June 27, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge Week 2: Dare to Dream

Hello Friends!
Welcome to week 2 of the TpT Seller Challenge.  This week is called Dare to Dream.  Dreams are what keep us motivated to keep going when the going gets tough.  They keep me plugging away and going strong even when I don't feel like it anymore.  Some days it all feels overwhelming and then I think of my dreams (my husband's too) and it is the motivation to keep going.
 Be a Work-at-home Momma Permanently: While we have been living in the Bahamas since November of 2013 I've been able to be a work-at-home momma.  In all honesty it took awhile to adjust after teaching full-time for 15 years.  I LOVE it now and would love to be able to stay home and work.  It enables me to support my children.  One has some considerable special needs and I have noticed a big difference (positive one) now that I am home.  I would love to make enough with my TpT store for us to afford for me to continue to work from home now that we are moving back to Seattle in November/December. 

Foster More Kids:  Both of my children are adopted from foster care in Washington state.  We were foster parents and are looking forward to getting home and getting licensed again.  We dream of having a big home where we can have lots of kids.  We dream of giving many more foster children "a safe place to land".

Grow my Foster Care Ministry:  My small group from my church back home started a foster care ministry.  I stepped up into a leadership role.  It's called Abe and Sarah's Kids.  We support foster families in Snohomish County, Washington by providing backpacks to foster kids with the essentials for the first 48-72 hours in a new foster home.  We call these Loads of Love.  We also operate a clothing closet 1-2 evenings a month where foster parents can come and get the clothing they need for the foster and adopted kids in their care.  We are purely donation funded but dream of becoming an official non-profit organization some day.

Go on Ministry Trips:  I have never been on a ministry trip.  I dream of going on several.  I want to travel to Africa, Haiti, and wherever God leads us.  We have a heart for the orphans of this world and dream of getting to love them and share God's love with them.

So there you have it.  My great big dreams.  What are your dreams??

1 comment:

  1. I really like your Foster Care Ministry. I'm miles away, but that type of support would be well received here in Memphis, TN. I'm going to put a few bugs in many ears at my church.
    I too have never been on a ministry trip outside of the USA. It would be ultra cool!

    ReplyDelete