Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tell All Tuesday: Summer Snapshot

Hello Friends!
It's time for my favorite Tuesday Summer linky party... Tell All Tuesday!  How much fun was last week's two truths and a lie??  I had so much fun reading everyone's and then going back and seeing which were the lies.  Missed it?  You can read mine here.  This week our theme is Summer Snapshot.  I'm going to be sharing some of my favorite summer memories.  Thanks to my friends Jayme and Diana for hosting this fun linky!


When I think back to summer as a child I remember road trips and camping trips.  We were a sleep on the ground in our sleeping bags tightly packed into our tent kind of family.  No foam pads for us growing up!  I remember 2 big trips.  One was a 2 week trip from Wisconsin to Vermont for a family reunion.  We camped our way out and back.  The other trip was from Wisconsin to California and back.  We also camped our way out and back.  All those pictures are with my mom back in Wisconsin.  But think early 80s, canvas green tent, red dodge caravan with the wood paneling along the side, 4 sleeping bags (cotton and flannel-lined), a couple of coolers, a mosquito net tent to cover the picnic table at the campsites, and a few suitcases and you get the picture.

As I got older I traveled with friends and with my younger sister.  Lots of road trips up the east coast and trips to the beach.  One of the best experiences was camping on the beach at Assateague with the wild horses.

Now that I have my own family we also enjoy traveling.  We have tried camping with a little success.  Here's my kiddos a couple of years ago on a camping trip.

Both my husband and I grew up camping but are feeling old.  So we are going to look into a pop-up and see if that might help remedy the sleep situation... meaning that no one gets any sleep in the tent.

We took the kids to Hawaii and had a blast a couple of years ago.  It was a combined adoption celebration for our daughter and son.  Even though they were adopted a year and a half apart we wanted to celebrate becoming a family.

So here's the family shot at Volcanoes National Park.  Kids are miserable and no one wants to look at the camera... you know, family vacation reality!

Then we found happiness... shave ice at Hapuna Beach!

For the last year and a half we have lived in the Bahamas... a place where everybody dreams of going on vacation.  It is a wonderful place to visit for vacation and there is one place that is my happy place.  It is the place I go to soothe my soul...

I leave you with that my friends.  Don't forget to head on over to the other blogs to see their Summer Snapshot!  Happy Summer!










5 comments:

  1. Love your memories! You should definitely look into a pop-up trailer! They are fun and convenient!
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't personally love camping, but it looks like you are making some wonderful memories with your children! Living in the Bahamas sounds so nice! :)
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some wonderful childhood memories. Love the "reality" shot in Hawaii. Isn't that the truth with kids. I have done the tent camping, but I admit it is not my cup of tea now that I am older. We have a 5th wheel and it is the only way to go, lol. You are living in my dream vacation spot. That beach is beautiful. Enjoy it! Loved seeing your vacation adventures!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys have a ton of fun family vacations! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joya I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your summer memories, I loved reading it. Such a wonderful way to celebrate. What part of Hawaii did you go? I can't wait to go back, my hubby and I said maybe for our ten year. Thanks again for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete