Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday ~ June 26

 Hello Friends!
I've been absent this week from blogging and social media due to my son being sick.  Poor guy started with a fever overnight Monday into Tuesday.  He seemed better Tuesday morning.  Tuesday afternoon the fever returned with a vengeance.  I took him to our nurse Wednesday afternoon.  She saw an ear infection and possible strep.  We tried to start antibiotics but he refused to take it.  Even when I mixed it up in ice cream!  So we had to go to the pediatrician yesterday afternoon after his fever rose to 103.5 and he was miserable.  He got an antibiotic injection in his bum (note to other parents...try and avoid this!  Traumatic for mom and Levi!) and will start very powerful antibiotics later today after a follow-up visit with the pediatrician.  My poor man has a double ear infection, strep throat, and conjunctivitis (pink eye).  Good news is that the injection worked fast and he feels a ton better and is currently busy playing.  So that means a few minutes for me to blog...

It's Friday and that means it's time for Five for Friday!  Thanks to Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting this fun linky every Friday.  Click the button below to join in on the fun!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Divider 1
Sunday was Father's Day.  I snapped these pictures of my two and put them on cards for their dad.  I added some cute answers to questions about their dad.  My favorite was Levi's answer to "What's something daddy is not so good at?"  Levi's answer was "Huh?"

Divider 2 
This week this linky was going around Instagram.  I am getting so excited for Vegas!  Not only to meet all the new people and learn so much but also to be reunited with my besties Lindsey and Kristin from 2 Literacy Teachers and my friend Alicia who comes with her husband just to hang out with us in Vegas.  I leave in 11 days!!!
Divider 3 
My husband and I spent the day at Sandals Resort on Tuesday as a combined Mother's Day and Father's Day celebration for just the two of us.  Heaven!!!  Being a resident I can get a day pass so it's a nice way to just get away from all the craziness of every day life.  We had a great time.  We snorkeled and even found a sea turtle.  I've seen them paddleboarding but have never swam with one.  It was soooo cool!  We came back relaxed and refreshed.
Divider 4
 While I was spending the day relaxing the kids were busy with their sitter.  I left the story hour plans with another mom and she was kind enough to run it while I was gone.  This week they read a Clifford story and made a modified Clifford art project.  I saw this idea on Pinterest.  It's just a photo and doesn't link anywhere.  If you know the source or are the source, let me know.  I'll gladly credit you!  I had to modify it for my toddlers and preschoolers so we didn't do the streamers or string on top.
C is for Clifford-Clifford Windsock Craft 

Clifforc, preschool, preschool crafts
Divider 5
Tuesday night I went out with my girlfriends to celebrate a friend who is leaving in a few days.  We walked out on the beach at sunset to grab a picture of us.  I love all my friends here on this crazy rock.  Without all of you this place would be a lot harder to love life.  Melody... I'm going to miss you. 

Well it's time for me to get to work.  My friend and her daughter are arriving this evening to stay with us for a week.  I haven't seen her or her daughter in 5 years.  Looking forward to a fun week together!  Suri and her daughter are going paddle boarding in the morning to kick off our fun week.  What are you up to this weekend?  Happy Summer and see you in Vegas!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you little guy was sick! That is the worst...mine kept spitting his medicine out the last time, too!
    Looks like you had a fun week - how nice to have a getaway day at such a beautiful place!
    I'm going to have to try your Clifford project with Miss O, she is a Clifford fanatic!
    Hope everyone is healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you little guy was sick! That is the worst...mine kept spitting his medicine out the last time, too!
    Looks like you had a fun week - how nice to have a getaway day at such a beautiful place!
    I'm going to have to try your Clifford project with Miss O, she is a Clifford fanatic!
    Hope everyone is healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete