Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My First Stitch Fix!

Hooray!
My first stitch fix arrived!  It arrived last Thursday, just in time to share it with my book club friends.  After all, they are the ones that clued me into the amazingness of Stitch Fix.  So how does it work?  You sign up online on stitchfix.com and fill out a style profile and questionnaire.  It's very thorough.  I was very impressed.  You get to decide if there's parts of your body you are comfortable showing or would rather cover up.  They ask you if you are a mom.  They ask if you dress more casual, business, or formal attire.  They thought of everything!  The big things for me were that I don't have access to dry cleaning here on the island and I wanted something to wear to the TpT conference in July.

So... I opened my box and everything was neatly wrapped in tissue.  Ooh la la!
I love the note that says "Your stylist thought these would look great on you".

Here's my first fix!
I got the chevron henley top, coral bermuda shorts, the dress, the cover-up, and a bracelet.

So after you try everything on you decide what you are going to keep.  When you sign up you pay a $20 styling fee.  That fee can now be applied to anything you purchase.  So what am I keeping??

The top with shorts...





and the dress!




Sorry about the not so awesome pictures... it's raining outside so pics had to be taken indoors by the hubby.

The dress is navy with the cream on top and on the bottom.  Around the waist is a band of red.  My book club friends say "It's very Kate Middleton".  :)

The cover-up just didn't look right on me.  I loved the idea of it with the sheer back but the shape was all wrong.  I didn't need the bracelet either. 

The top is so comfortable and it's breathable and stretchy, very important for Bahamian summer weather.  The shorts are a stretchy denim.  The dress is also very comfortable.  It'll work great for the conference. 

I was excited that 3 of my pieces are keepers.  My friends have had fixes where they don't keep anything.  I'm sure that time will come for me too, but for right now, my first fix was a successful one!

Are you interested in trying Stitch Fix?  If you are, please use my link. 
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5019063

It gets me a $25 credit.  Then anyone you tell can sign up with your link and you get a $25 credit.  Let's pass it forward!

Let me know if you try it and if you like it!




1 comment:

  1. So fun! Now we need something fun on our Vegas agenda so you can rock that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete