Friday, April 24, 2015

Stop, Swap, and Roll Blog Hop!

 Hi Everyone!
I'm so excited to be participating in my first product swap blog hop.  Thanks to Melissa from Jungle Learners for organizing this.  Click the button to head on over to her page.
 http://junglelearners.blogspot.com/2015/04/welcome-to-another-fabulous-product-swap.html




So I was matched up with Amanda from Daisy Designs.  To check out her adorable blog click the picture below.
 
 Daisy Designs
We each got to choose a product we wanted to try from each other's stores.  I chose her addition and subtraction dice games for math centers.  While I'm not in the classroom this year, I have a daughter in second grade who loves to play math games and needs support with her addition and subtraction facts.  Talk about a perfect match, right?

 Dice Games for Math Centers - Vol. 3 - Addition and Subtraction
My daughter was so excited to try these games out.  First we did the addition

Then we did the subtraction.  Pictures coming soon... little brother deleted them off my phone. 

I printed off a few of the task cards.  There are a total of task cards.  Too many for Suri to do, but so many options for the classroom!  Task cards are great for active learners, like my daughter.  I made her hunt for 5 of them.  I made it fun, like a scavenger hunt.  She loved it!

So what do I LOVE about this product??  Oh, let me tell you...
1.  It just takes dice!  (ok, paper and pencil too, but seriously, 0 prep!)
2.  The dice games are fun!  My daughter enjoyed these and was willing to do them after school.  Now that says a lot, right?
3.  Your students can take them anywhere.  You can make this an active learning activity.  They can work anywhere in the room.  You could even do these dice games outside on a nice day.
4.  There are so many ways to differentiate.  These games will work for all first graders and second graders.  You could even use them with strong kinders or as intervention with struggling third graders.
5.  Playing dice games makes learning and practicing math facts fun!
6.  There are so many task cards!  That gives you options.  You can choose which ones to use and use the ones most appropriate for your students.  Yes, there's an answer key too.
7.  The product is very well organized and Amanda pays great attention to detail.

Want to know the best news??  I'm giving one away!  Are you cheering yet?  Enter below to win!  The contest ends April 28 so enter away!  Don't worry, if you don't win, you can click the picture above to head over to Amanda' store and grab a copy for yourself!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Now get hoppin' and see what everyone else is sharing. 




5 comments:

  1. Great post! This is my first time doing the swap, I am having so much fun discovering great products and tools for the classroom.
    Thanks for sharing.
    http://anchoredinlearning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lot of fun! I'd use this as a review during centers and for early finishers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how simple this pack is to use! Thank you for a great post, I hope you had fun with the swap! :)

    Melissa
    Jungle Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. My special ed kiddos LOVE dice games! I'd use for classwork and review.

    ReplyDelete