Friday, April 3, 2015

Five for Friday~April 3

 Happy Friday!
I know my friends back home in Seattle are excited.  Today is their last day before Spring Break!  The Bahamas is a very Christian country and so today is a holiday for all schools and many businesses.  Right now I'm enjoying my cup of tea while snuggling with Levi.  We are watching Octonauts.
Thanks to Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting this fun weekly Friday linky party.  Click the pic below to join in on the fun.
fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2_thumb
Here are my random 5 events from the week...

Divider-1_thumb7_thumb2   
Last Saturday was our Embassy community Easter event.  We had egg hunts, crafts, face painting, an Easter Bunny, and enjoyed a delicious brunch.
 Levi enjoying the tree swing
Suri getting her face painted
Displaying IMG_2743.JPG 
Levi on the hunt for eggs
Displaying IMG_2751.JPG
Suri and Levi checking out their stash

Divider-2_thumb3_thumb2 
 Monday we had a friend come and play for the day.  She and Levi are the same age.  We took them on a treasure hunt on the beach.
Displaying IMG_2771.JPG

 Then we took them out to lunch at Senor Frogs.  They loved playing on the big swing outside.
Displaying IMG_2783.JPG

Divider-3_thumb3_thumb2

Tuesday was preschool story hour.  We read The Grumpy Morning by Pamela Duncan Edwards.  The kids loved it.  It's about a bunch of animals on a farm getting grumpy because they are hungry.  The farmer has overslept.  While they are "complaining" they are making their animal noises so it was great practice for animal noises.  The kids had fun making the noises with me.

For our project we made Cheerio worms.  
 Cheerio Worms - Simple Fine-Motor Skills Activity for Toddlers and Preschoolers - Mamas Like Me
I found the idea on Pinterest here.  It's great fine motor practice for them and pipe cleaners are much easier for stringing items on.  It's a lot easier to manage than string or yarn for little fingers.  Here's some of the littles busy at work.



Divider-4_thumb3_thumb2

My husband took his underwater camera out to the pool to try.  I took it paddleboarding a couple of weeks ago but he had yet to try it.  He captured some shots of my son underwater.
Displaying IMG_2755.JPG 

Displaying IMG_0739.JPG

Divider-5_thumb3_thumb2 
While I was at book club Tuesday night someone got ahold of a pair of scissors.  His dad had just given him a haircut that afternoon.  Apparently it wasn't to Levi's standards and needed a little refining.  Oh well!  This was the first time.  I'm sure it won't be the last...
Displaying IMG_2786.JPG

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!  Enjoy the time with friends and family.  If you're just starting Spring Break... kick back, relax, and enjoy!
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how kids like to read books about animals who have similar feelings to us. (I get grumpy when I am hungry too lol.) My son used to love the book Grumpy Bird about a bird who was so grumpy he couldn't fly. I will have to check out your grumpy book! :)
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three of my kindergartners took scissors to their own hair this year... NOT while at school, thank goodness! It prompted one mom to give her daughter bangs and it's way better now that her face isn't hidden behind a curtain of hair. Happy accident! See ya. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete