Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Scoop


Good Morning!
Right now it's just Levi and I downstairs.  He's curled up watching Netflix on his dad's ipad while I link up for one of my favorite linkies...The Sunday Scoop.  Thanks to the Teaching Trio for hosting this linky every Sunday.  Click on the pic below to join in if you wish.
http://teachingtrio.blogspot.com/2015/03/sunday-scoop-3115.html 
Here's my scoop...


I have a love/hate relationship with my tile floors on the first floor of our townhome.  They don't really show the dirt.  Love!  They don't really show the dirt.  Hate!  It's impossible to have them looking clean.  I feel like it's tile meant for outside, not inside.  I'll have to take a picture at some point and share it.  The rest of my house is pretty clean.  I don't like mopping because I feel like my floors don't look any cleaner than before.  But the dirty steam mop tells me otherwise, I guess.  So I must mop.

Here in the Bahamas they don't have reward cards for the grocery stores like back in the states.  You earn stamps for every dollar you spend, or maybe every 5.  I'm not sure of the exact formula.  So you get your stamps and then you have to stick them onto paper cards that hold 12 stamps.  For every card you fill with stamps you save $1 on your groceries when you bring them in.  So Sundays are double stamp days so I'm headed out grocery shopping to earn my double stamps!  Sometime in the future I will remember to glue them onto the cards and bring them to the store with me.  :)

My daughter has some homework this weekend.  Sometimes it goes very smoothly.  Other times it's a huge battle.  I must prepare for battle and hope for the best...

Our warm weather has returned and our pool is no longer FREEZING.  Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon at the pool.  Friends were there so my kids were happy to swim and play with their friends.  I got to chat and read my book.  The water still isn't warm enough for me to go in but my husband was a champ and went in when he got home from work and played with the kids a bit.  I want to go back this afternoon.

I finished my first St. Patrick's Day SPLAT game.  My SPLAT games sell pretty well in my store.  SPLAT is played very similarly to slap jack.  I finished the alphabet edition and need to upload it.  Then I need to get started on the other editions and get them uploaded this week.  Place value, telling time, fractions, money, and 10 frame all in the works.  

I always look forward to heading to church.  Worship is awesome here.  We sing our hearts out and dance along here in the Bahamas.  I definitely am a better mom all week when I've been to church and had my reserves of grace refilled.

Happy Sunday!

 

9 comments:

  1. I love going to church and worship. It always feel like I am in a good environment. Have a great Sunday and enjoy your day!!!

    Jasmine
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine,
      It definitely is a good environment. Enjoy your day too!

      Delete
  2. I am jealous of your warm weather! Enjoy! And good luck with the homework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire how you are not in the classroom, but still stay connected to the education world. I have a feeling if I ever stop-there is no going back. LOL

    Enjoy that pool!! It's still pretty cold in KY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      I'm trying to stay connected. It's a little easier with friends who still teach and kiddos of my own. We'll see if I go back. The pool was nice today. Not warm enough for me to go in, but my kids had a blast. Definitely a perk to living in the Bahamas. Have a good week!
      Joya :)

      Delete
  4. I totally understand your love/hate affair with your floor. I just had that conversation with my mom (about our hardwood floors) last night. Why mop in February when salt/dirt/snow is just going to get tracked in again as soon as the door opens? It's enough to make a person go mad...lol. And I despise carpet...there is no happy medium, is there? Have a great week, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      No, there is no happy medium. I don't mind my floors upstairs. They are a fake hardwood I think. They are super easy to run the mop over but they look cheap and fake. I also had a love/hate relationship with carpet. Great for the kids to play on, impossible to keep clean. Have a great week!
      Joya :)

      Delete
  5. Wait...I want to go hang out at a pool!!!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myranda,
      We are so glad to be back at the pool after a cooler than normal Winter here. It is a perk to living here in the Bahamas. Join me next time? :)
      Joya :)

      Delete