Friday, March 20, 2015

Five for Friday!



Good Morning!
It's Friday and you know what that means... time for the weekly Five for Friday linky party!  Woo hoo!  Let's get this party started.  Thanks to Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting!
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Divider 1
This week for preschool/toddler story hour it was all St. Patrick's Day.  I did something different this time though.  I read the story first.  Usually we gather everyone and sing all our songs first.  On Tuesday my son Levi asked me to read the book first.  I figured, why not?  It worked so well!  Everyone sat for the whole story!  This does not happen with 10-12 kids ages 18mo - 4.  I think Levi is on to something.  
I read There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover.  They love the old lady books.  I sing them as I read them so that helps them maintain their interest and attention.  Then  we sang our songs.  We mix it up with fun songs and action/movement songs.  I love how our youngest kiddos are starting to do the hokey pokey with us.  It's so cute!  Then it was craft time.  We made fingerpaint rainbows with finger paint.  I cut the pots of gold ahead of time so the kids just had to glue them.  At the end they got to add the green glitter.  




Snack was Lucky Charms.  They loved it!

Divider 2 
Wednesday I did my first cross fit workout.  Oh my word!  It is intense and such a good workout.  I'm addicted.  But I am soooo sore!
You can’t remember the last time you weren’t sore. | Community Post: 20 Ways To Know You're A Crossfitter 


Divider 3 

On Wednesday I finished a product I have been working on for 2 weeks.  Usually it doesn't take 2 weeks for me to finish a product but I really had to take my time with this one.  I'm so excited about this new line of products.  I'm calling them One Book Wonders.  It's everything you need to teach for a day (sometimes up to 3 days) all using one book.  Hence the name...One Book Wonders.  For my first one I chose The Pigeon Needs a Bath! by Mo Willems.  It is CCSS Aligned for grades 1-2.  One Book Wonders make great sub plans since there's very minimal prep needed.  They also work great for those days where you're in between units, before or after breaks, or after testing.  This one is only $5.  I don't know about you, but I would gladly pay $5 to not have to write sub plans and know that my kids are going to be actively engaged in learning and not sitting doing worksheets.  Check it out!  Click the picture to grab it from my TpT store.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Pigeon-Needs-a-Bath-Complete-SubPlan-Thematic-Unit-for-Grades-1-2-CCSS-1769635

Divider 4 
Yesterday I borrowed a friend's paddleboard and went paddleboarding with my friend Mairy.  There's this great spot that I know of and the water is so calm.  We saw turtles, stingrays, starfish, and lots of coral and sea urchins.  There was even a shark nearby.  Thankfully we didn't see him/her.  Some locals warned us to stay away.  :)
 The incredible view
 Selfie!
 Starfish!
The water is so clear you can see the turtle grass!
Divider 5

Yesterday afternoon I had a headache.  Usually I work on TpT during the afternoons but I decided to play hooky and hang out here.  Pure bliss!  Water still isn't warm enough for me but I love watching my kids play and swim.  I should be able to go in again next month.  That's when it really starts getting warm here.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I've always felt I need to live on a tropical island. Unfortunately my hubby doesn't thrive in the heat like I do. It looks like you had a nice week. I found your blog through the linkup and you have some cute products and a very cute blog. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    cheers
    Sandra
    Sandra's Savvy Teaching Tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joya! Cross fit??? You are an inspiration! Love your new product. I would grab that in a minute if I taught 1st or 2nd. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paddleboarding looks like it was a success!! It looks so calm and peaceful. I think I would be so afraid of losing my balance and falling off! Your arms must be so tired between crossfit and paddleboarding!

    ReplyDelete