Friday, March 13, 2015

Five for FRIDAY!

 Happy Friday!
Yay!  It's Friday!  It has been a busy week and I am ready for the weekend.  How about you?  I'm linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday linky party.  Click the pic below to join in on the fun!



fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Here's my 5 from this past week...
Divider 1

 My little man wanted to spend Monday morning at the pool.  The water is still too cold for me but he loves it.  I didn't complain a bit about hanging out with him.  :)

Divider 2
Are you participating in the book study?  This week we shared our thoughts on chapter 4.  It was all about how important games are.  This is something I feel very strongly about.  I even blogged about the power of math games here.  Most of my TpT products are games.  I saw so many more great ideas for games as I visited everyone's blogs.

Divider 3
 For preschool/toddler story hour I got out a box of alphabits cereal.  I had the kids who could write their names in black marker.  Then they traced their name with glue.  Finally they got to put the alphabits on the glue to form their name.  Best part about this activity?  They could eat the alphabits while they worked.  Everyone was happy!
Divider 4
 These seed pods are everywhere right now.  They hang from trees and then fall on the ground.  My son picked one up and discovered that the seeds inside make noise.  He calls it his instrument.  Sounds like a rain maker.  Really cool!  He loves it!!!

Divider 5 

Speaking of games... I'm updating all my SPLAT! games and making Spring themed ones.  This week I finished Springtime SPLAT!  Telling Time Edition.  It is CCSS Aligned and covers time to the hour, half hour, and quarter hour.  Click the picture below to check it out in my TpT store.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Telling-Time-Springtime-SPLAT-CCSS-Aligned-1749916
Happy Friday everyone and enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Joya, I am so jealous that yall can already get into the pool! That is awesome and definitely a great way to wear them out. ;) I have the book study book and have read the first few chapters, but I have not linked up for it yet. I am struggling to find the time. I LOVE those alphabits cereal! Where did you find them? Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read pool, I was like, "Where does she live?!" Then I read your sidebar about being in the Bahamas! Jealous! I'm in Iowa, and we're finally having spring weather after a bitter cold winter.
    Lindsey
    Miss Johnston's Journey
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete