Saturday, March 28, 2015

Five for Fraturday...what a week!

Good Morning!
It was an early start for me this morning.  I heard my kids playing at 4:30am.  Yikes!  I quickly sent my daughter back to her bed and tried to get my son back to sleep.  She is still sleeping 3 hours later and he has been awake the whole time!  So I'm linking up a day late with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for her awesome Five for Friday linky party.  Click the picture below to join in the fun if you'd like.
fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2

Let's get started with my 5 random things from this past week...

Divider-1_thumb7
If you follow me on instagram you saw me post this...
 This week has been all about the power outages.  Rolling outages are normal here in the summer but they usually only last an hour, maybe 2 at most.  You know they're coming, you expect them.  This week?  INSANE!  Wednesday... power was out from 1pm-7:30pm.  Thursday...power was out from 3:30-6:30pm and then again for a couple hours overnight.  How do I know?  Without AC it got really hot and you can hear everyone's generators kick on and running.  (We don't have one that is connected to our home that automatically kicks on).  I thought for sure that had to be the end of it.  I mean, come on!  It couldn't go out 3 days in a row over dinner time, right?  WRONG!  It went out yesterday from 4-7pm.  For 3 nights in a row I have wanted to make Shepherd's Pie for dinner.  For 3 nights in a row I couldn't "cook" dinner.  I'm over it already.  This power outage thing is for the birds people! 

Divider-2_thumb3 
I am back in my walking routine.  I have 2 friends to walk with in the mornings.  It's really nice to have friends to walk with.  Helps the time go faster and I usually don't even realize we've done our usual 3 miles.  One day we did 4 miles we were so busy talking.  Yesterday I went and did another cross fit workout after walking 3 miles.  It was so hard but I was so proud of getting through it and not passing out or puking.  Ha ha!  My friend gave me workouts to do at home today and tomorrow.  Today I have to do 4 rounds of a 400m run, 15 push-ups, and 15 sit-ups.  I'm headed out to do it in a bit.  Just waiting for my breakfast and coffee to settle a bit.  And it's raining so I'm hoping that it will stop before I have to go out and run.  Tomorrow I have a 1 mile run.  Monday I get to rest.  :)

Divider-3_thumb3
For preschool story hour this week we started some Spring activities.  I read A Mother for Choco.  It's a great story and it's really good for adoption.  If you have friends who are thinking about adoption, waiting, or have adopted, it would make a great gift.  Our craft was spring chicks.  I found the idea here.  Here's Levi's.  They turned out super cute.
Divider-4_thumb3 
I was at the grocery store this week doing some grocery shopping.  I know prices have gone up since VAT (7.5% tax) started in January.  I didn't realize how much until I got home and was putting my yogurt away.  GASP!


Divider-5_thumb3 
Today is our Easter egg hunt with all our Embassy friends and then the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  I need to bring a dish.  The first event starts at 10 and is a brunch.  I'm making and bringing this.  
 Cinnamon Roll Casserole



I'm off to go bake!  Happy Saturday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Your Cinnamon Roll Casserole looks yummy! Can you post the recipe or a link to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      Click the picture. It will take you right there! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! I was going to make a chicken rice casserole for dinner, but yours looks WAY better :) I guess I should counterbalance that comment by sharing that I've fallen in love with my recumbent exercise bike. No matter the weather, I can ride... and read! That's the BEST thing. Glad you're walking. I'll be doing that soon enough, too. See you around! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The power outages seem crazy there! That would probably drive me nuts!! I could not believe that yogurt price. Oh my gosh!!! I know food on an island is always more expensive but OH MY GOSH!! That is so crazy. And here I complain about how expensive it is to buy organic food in the states but that doesn't hold a candle to what you are paying for regular yogurt. Thanks for your email! I'll write you back soon. :-) Have a good week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your workouts sound brutal, but no pain, no gain right? I have started 5 am small group conditioning classes using machines and weights, so I feel your pain. It feels SO good afterwards though!!! I need to try that Cinnamon Roll Casserole recipe (for others to eat:)) I hope that your power stays on!
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete