Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Celebrating Dr. Seuss with Toddlers and Preschoolers

 Hello!

Just a quick post tonight to share how we celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday at preschool story hour on Tuesday.  I am so far behind on blogging.  You know how sometimes you feel like you have nothing to blog about (or nothing anyone else would find interesting) and other times you have so much your brain is going haywire?  That's me right now.  But back on topic...  We did all things Dr. Seuss Tuesday morning.  Looking for fun ideas that work for toddlers and preschoolers?  Try these...

I decided to go with mine and my daughter's favorite...

The kids really liked this one.  I started to lose the younger toddlers near the end but they hung in there with me and overall really enjoyed the book.

For our craft we made green eggs and ham with construction paper.  I handed each child a yellow paper plate, a square of pink construction paper, a square of white construction paper, and a square of green construction paper.  For those kiddos who are able to use the scissors, I encouraged their parents to let them try and make some cuts.  I didn't want their projects to look like my example.  I wanted them to get some scissors practice in and have fun making green eggs and ham.

Here's my example:
After they cut their pieces out I gave them a glue stick and had them glue their "food" on their plate.  Last, they had to decide if they think they would like green eggs and ham.  My son's choice...

Oh well!  He used to eat everything.  :)

For snack I found this cute idea on pinterest.  I made instant vanilla pudding and put a couple of drops of green food coloring in.  (I use natural food coloring)  Then I sprinkled on some sprinkles and put a bite size vanilla wafer on top.  Ta da!  Green eggs!  Guess what???  They LOVED it! 
Such a fun morning and I enjoyed getting to celebrate Dr. Seuss even though I'm not in the classroom right now.  Hope you find these ideas helpful.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment