Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday Scoop


Happy Sunday Morning!
I love Sunday mornings.  Right now it's just Levi and I.  Suri is still asleep.  She was at a friend's house til 8 last night so I'm hoping she will sleep in.  He's over on the couch watching Blue's Clues, a change from the usual Curious George.  He turns 4 this week.  Hard to believe my baby is going to be 4.  But back to the topic... here's the Sunday Scoop around here.


We have a birthday party later this afternoon.  It's for 2 brothers.  One is turning 3, the other 6.  I need to find something other than Christmas wrapping paper.  Hopefully something that isn't pink either.  I have no Target to rescue me.  They have been here for 4 years and they are leaving the island at the end of the month.  This will be their last birthday party here.  I'm trying not to think about what life will be like without them.  The 3 year old is Levi's best buddy and mom is one of my closest friends here.  Not thinking about it yet...

The hem came undone in one of Suri's uniform skirts a couple weeks back.  People, I CAN NOT SEW!  As in, not at all.  I failed the sewing portion of Home Ec back in 7th grade.  My mom and Nanny had to rescue my projects so I could even turn them in.  I don't even have a needle and thread.  Luckily friends were in the states when it happened and were able to bring me back hem tape.  AWESOME INVENTION!!!!  We've been surviving with one skirt.  She wears it 3 times a week.  I am going to fix the hem today so we can go back to 2 skirts.  Less laundry for me. 

We are sponsoring a new officer arriving on the island today.  I hope to take her to the grocery store today or tomorrow.  My husband is going to pick her up and get her settled in her temp housing.  My husband is capable of taking her to the store but let's face it, I'm the one who does all the shopping and can teach her how to shop here.  :)

We are reading The Thirteenth Tale for book club.  I am really enjoying it.  It was hard to put it down last night for bed.  I really want to sit down and finish it.  It's that good!

As I mentioned above, we are helping two friends celebrate their last birthday on the island.  It's a Lego theme.  Should be loads of fun.  Both my kiddos are so excited!  The hardest part is going to be waiting til 4pm when it starts.

What are you up to today??

6 comments:

  1. I am laughing at your sewing comment! I am the exact same way! I hope you are able to get it taken care of. Enjoy the birthday party.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sewing remarks. I felt the same way too. I love birthdays enjoy it.

    Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birthday party sounds fun.
    Hope you guys have a terrific time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I failed the sewing portion of home ec in high school. I sewed the inside of my jumper to the outside...lining and all. My mother, seamstress extraordinaire, was not amused. I like to think my talent lies in cooking ;-) What is your book club book about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a birthday at our house this week too! I laughed at your sewing comment. I'm the exact same way. My mom sews clothes for the girls, has made all the curtains in my house and fixes whatever we need so I pretty much have never attempted to learn. I hope you found some wrapping paper. I definitely take being able to run to Target for granted. Do you have any brown paper bags? Kraft paper is all the rage. Or a roll of white paper for kids to paint on? I've used both for wrapping. And then your kids can decorate it. Or newspaper/comics could be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't sew at all either! I'm constantly bringing shirts to the tailor to have a button sewn on. I should probably sit down and learn one day, but $4 saves me a little time and energy!

    Have a great time at your party!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete