Friday, February 27, 2015

Five for Friday!


Happy Friday!
This week, actually the whole month of February has flown by.  All of a sudden it's Friday and the end of February.  Where did the time go?
I'm linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party.  Click the pic below to join in on the fun!
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Here are my 5 random things from this past week...
Divider 1

TPT Conference 2015 
I'm registered for the conference!  I'm so excited!  I'm going to see 2 of my favorite people, Lindsey and Kristin from 2 Literacy Teachers.  Lindsey and I taught together for 5 years next door to each other (and are best friends) and Kristin is her mom who also teaches at our school.  We share a room and have the best time!  Now that I'm in the Bahamas, it's our reunion.  So excited!!!  Ooops!  I said that already.  :)
Divider 2 
We went to the Greek festival Sunday afternoon.  The food was delicious, the weather was gorgeous, and we all had a great time.  Blog post with full details coming soon!

Divider 3 
http://hippohoorayforsecondgrade.blogspot.com/2015/02/instagram-cautionary-tale.html#comment-form 
Did you read Angela's blog post this week?  If not, you should!  Click the picture below to head over to her blog and read it.  I read it and immediately removed tagged pics of my kiddos from instagram.  I'm going to be a lot more careful from now on.  To top it off, this was a feature story on The Today Show this morning.  They are calling it digital kidnapping.  It's happening to a lot of people.  Here's the link to the story on The Today Show.  http://www.today.com/video/today/57041622

Divider 4 
Stay at home mom humor 
Last night our book club met to discuss The Thirteenth Tale, our February read.  We started at 6pm and I didn't get home until after midnight!  Needless to say, we talked about much more than just the book.  We had so much fun talking about the realities of being moms, stay-at-home-moms, our husbands, and life here on this island.  It was comforting and reassuring to hear my other friends share similar struggles to adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom or working from home mom.  One evening I won't ever forget!

Divider 5
bookstudy

Are you participating?  I am!  I'm excited to link up and share what I'm learning with some amazing teacher friends and bloggers.  It's going to be fun!

That's my week in review.  Not much on the agenda for the weekend.  Right now my son and I are enjoying a lazy day as I am nursing a very sore shoulder.  Not sure what's going on.  I've tried ibuprofen, aleve, tens therapy, and ice.  The tens therapy gave me the most relief but it's still bugging me a lot.  If you've got any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  At this point I'm willing to try almost anything.  :(  So it's going to be a do nothing kind of day.  I'm lucky to be able to do that.  Enjoy your weekend and stay warm if you're in the "snow belt".
 

6 comments:

  1. Wasn't that blog post an eye opener? I read it this week and was shocked. I've always tried to be cautious of how much I post about my kids but I feel like I've been a little more relaxed lately but I did the same thing and went back and deleted hashtags and even deleted pics of their names and faces close up. So sad and so scary. And something that just baffles me because I do not see the appeal to something like that. And I just watched that news report too. I was so unaware that this was a "thing." Just sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN. NOT. WAIT! I am SOOOO excited for Vegas!!! Tell me you didn't eat octopus?!?!? That reminds me of the Cheesecake Factory. "Sometimes you get a sucker, but it's okay, you just spit it out." YUCK!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'd forgotten about that whole discussion! No, I did not eat the octopus but thought of Alicia when I saw the sign. Miss you too!

      Delete
  3. I hope to meet you in Vegas! I will also be participating in the book study (although my book doesn't come until Sunday). So glad I found you! :)
    I saw something on Fox about the digital kidnapping... so awful because people love seeing baby pics etc.
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie,
      I'll look forward to meeting you too! Head over to kickin it in kindergarten and download the graphic organizers Elizabeth provided for us. It should help you when you read the first couple of chapters and link up. The baby role playing thing is awful. We just need to be more careful.
      Joya :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for spreading the word about digital kidnapping. It's just so creepy to have it happen to you. I'm going to Vegas too! Hoping to meet you!

    Angela :)

    ReplyDelete