Friday, February 20, 2015

Five for Friday!


Happy Friday!
I'm watching the Today Show right now and apparently America is "on ice".  They are showing all the freezing temps around the country.  Brrrrrr!  Here in the Bahamas it's colder than usual.  Even the tourists are staying out of the water.  We drove by one of the popular tourist beaches yesterday and all the tourists were not on the beach but rather huddled around the drink shacks.  Talking to the locals, we are having a cooler and longer Winter season here than usual.  Last year at this time we were already swimming in the pool.  Not this year!  The water is freezing! 

Now onto my 5 for Friday.  Thanks to Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting this linky every week.  Click the picture below to join in on the fun!
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

Divider 1
I woke up this morning to Suri telling me this:
Luckily it wasn't all over the laptop and the laptop was closed!  Phew!!!!

Divider 2 
We celebrated my son Levi's birthday with family and friends on Sunday afternoon.  I blogged in detail about it here.  Here's one picture.



Divider 3

We had the cold front roll through here.  It made for stormy seas.  I don't think my iphone accurately captured the amazing deep turquoise blue of the ocean on Wednesday but I tried.


Divider 4 
This week is mid-term break for most of the private schools on the island.  We headed off on a fun trip to the Junkanoo Museum on Monday with friends of ours.  "What is Junkanoo?" you are probably asking.  I plan on blogging about this, so stay tuned.  Here is a sneak peek though.
Divider 5
 For all of you who are sick of winter... this is for you!
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1459988_688934571139343_1252845696_n.jpg 

Happy Friday and stay warm!!

2 comments:

  1. The sea looks beautiful and I love the picture of the cow and snowman! Perfect for how I feel right now!
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joya! I think Elsa has aimed her frozen powers towards the east! We on the other hand, have had amazingly warm weather! Sure do miss you! Come home now, okay?

    ReplyDelete