Friday, February 13, 2015

Five for Friday!


Happy Friday!
     It's Friday and that means it's time for my favorite linky party... Five for Friday!  I love linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching and reading what everyone has been up to this week.  Click the picture below to join in on the fun.  Here we go...








http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

Divider 1
Meet my new best friends.  
I've been so healthy.  I've seen everyone else getting sick and I just kept washing my hands, using my hand sanitizer, and taking my vitamins.  Well, it finally caught up to me.  I'm so thankful that my friend Tory brought me this delicious Yorkshire Tea from England when she came to visit 2 weeks ago.  It's so delicious and just hits the spot about 3 times a day.  So I'm still coming down with it and I am fighting it with everything I've got! 

Divider 2 
This happened this week.  My daughter took a Valentines project meant for us, her parents, and instead made it for a boy.  She's 7.  I'm not ready for this!  At least she thinks he is a good friend.  Let's leave it at friends.  I'm good with friends.

Divider 3 
My baby boy turned 4 yesterday.  This is him with his breakfast cinnamon roll yesterday morning.  I can't believe my youngest is 4.  He was 5lbs 5oz the day we got him.  He was the tiniest baby we'd ever held.  As you can see newborn size clothes didn't fit him.  We had to run out and buy preemie clothes.
Divider 4


Here he is with the one toy I could get him to hold still for a picture with.  Then it was playtime!  A new pirate ship, the imaginext rescue helicopter, and a paw patrol blanket are the new faves.

Divider 5
The northeast is getting hammered again with snow.  A couple of Levi's friends were recently home on vacation in Michigan.  When he saw the picture of them playing in the snow he asked me to ask them to bring him some back for his birthday.  If only they could...  All the snow gave me the inspiration for this new product...

This mini-unit is meant to engage students in persuasive and how-to writing as they brainstorm ways to make all that snow go away.  I should have it finished and uploaded later today.  I'll be giving a copy away on my facebook page here.  It will be 50% off through the weekend.  I hope you and your students have fun inventing, creating and writing all that snow away!

Well, today is my daughter's sports day at school.  I'm taking a couple of her friends out to the field as well.  Tonight is Anti-Valentines Day bowling.  Sunday is Levi's birthday party.  It's a pirate theme this year.  Argh ye mateys!  It's going to be a busy weekend.  I'm going to go make another cup of tea and keep fighting off this bug.

Happy Weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Joya! Sorry to hear you've got a cold. I've only had one little one at the beginning of the season. I swear by Airborne Effervescent tablets– the ones that fizz in water. I know there is no cure for a cold, and this stuff is just a zap of vitamins and minerals, but since I discovered it years ago, if I take it at the FIRST sign of a cold, and then two or three times a day for the next three days, my colds are much shorter and never get to full blown status. Too late for you to try this time, but I recommend trying it next. Grapefruit is best. And your little guy is adorable. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your little sweetie! He is a doll. I hope you are 100% soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he's so big!! I remember that little peanut! I hope his party was fantastic and I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete