Friday, February 6, 2015

Five for Friday!


It's Friday and you know what that means... Time for Five for Friday!  Click the picture below to join in on the fun.  Thanks Kacey for hosting this fun weekly linky party.
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

Well it's been a fantastic week around here.  A really good friend of mine and former roommate from my Virginia teacher days came for a visit.  Tory lives in England and we hadn't seen each other since my wedding 10 years ago!  Much too long!  It definitely made getting over the heart-breaking Seahawks loss a little easier.
Divider 1
Tory arrived last Friday evening.  Right away on Saturday we headed out to Blue Lagoon for the day.  They are having a deal for locals on the beach day and their dolphin encounters are 50% off.  We hadn't ever done the dolphin encounter so we decided to do it.  We really enjoyed it.  Our dolphin's name was Clifton.  Levi did some of the activities with Clifton but was still a little fearful.  Suri volunteered to have Clifton kiss her for our picture.  :)

Divider 2 
Sunday was the super bowl.  Heart breaking loss for the Seahawks.  But having watched interviews with coach Pete Carrol I now understand that it wasn't the worst call ever.  The pass play was in the sequence.  It just didn't go as planned and the Patriots player made a really good play.  There's always next year.  Go Hawks!

Divider 3
Tuesday morning was story hour.  I left Tory reading by the pool for a couple hours while Levi and I headed over to story hour.  (Poor girl!)  We threw a little story hour party on Tuesday.  5 kiddos, including Levi, have February birthdays.  So we had a party.  I read Clifford's Birthday Party, we made party hats, and we ate cake.  Another mom brought a Mickey Mouse cake that someone had brought into her husband's work the previous day.  It was a huge hit with all the kids.
 
Divider 4
Wednesday Tory and I were supposed to do the Powerboat Adventure out to the Exumas.  The trip was canceled due to high seas.  So Tory and I headed over to Sandals Resort and relaxed there for the day.  It was pure bliss!

Divider 5
Tory had to leave yesterday afternoon but we still squeezed in some fun earlier in the day.  We signed up for a private paddle boarding lesson.  I don't have the pictures yet.  When I do, I'll share.  It was so much fun!  I am hooked.  We saw turtles, sting rays, and starfish.  We saw some fire coral too.  At the end I took Levi out on the board.  He saw the starfish, coral, and a sting ray.  Definitely going to have to get a board!

Well it's back to work for me after a fun week.  My husband is off so he is taking Levi to the pirate museum for me so I can get some TpT work done.  I need to finish up this product I've been working on for awhile.  It will be uploaded today or tomorrow.  It will be 50% off through the weekend too.  There's even and odd sorting, assessments, scoot, response sheets for the kids to fill out after the sort, and I'm sure there will be more.  :)  It's CCSS Aligned and in color and black and white to save your ink.



Happy Friday Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joya! Your week sounds like pure bliss. Lucky you, lucky friend. I'll check out your product later! Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun ways to spend a week with a friend! Living in paradise sure has a lot of perks. I'm looking for an awesome Sea Hawks shirt for my daughter. We love their colors, so we were rooting for them too! Don't you love how we pick our teams? If you know of a website with cool Hawks stuff, send it my way.
    ~ Brenda

    ReplyDelete