Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Just Another Typical Tuesday...


Hello Everyone!

Well the East coast has us (partly) to thank in the Bahamas for that front bringing them all the snow.  A cold front here means highs in the 60s and 25 mph winds.  Up in the northeast it means a blizzard.  Hope all of my friends and family are warm and safe, tucked cozily in their homes.

Around here it's been cooler which has been nice.  I turned off the AC and opened the windows, Levi and I wore jeans, we played extra-long at the park after story hour, and I put on pants and long-sleeves for the cool night-night walk tonight.

Today was another typical Tuesday, which if you're catching on, is never typical.  :0)  The hubby is out of town this week so it's just me this week.  So far so good, but it's only Tuesday.

The day started with a "look momma!".  Yup, he's sitting in an upside down stroller.



Then he requested his snow-dough.  A friend of mine, Sara from sarajcreations, blogged about this on her blog.  I figured this would be a fun sensory experience for Levi.  Problem is, everytime he uses it, I have to get out the vacuum to clean it up.  He likes to mash it and crumble it.  Picture crumbled white play-doh everywhere, like snow!  But, I'm a patient mom and don't mind messes so much, so I vacuum.

Later, it was our favorite time of the week....story hour!  Today was all about penguins.  We read Pierre the Penguin, a true story about a penguin who loses his feathers and the researchers who help him until they grow back again.  I lent the book to a story hour friend so here's the link to it on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Pierre-Penguin-Story-Jean-Marzollo-ebook/dp/B00ARB8PU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422410295&sr=1-1&keywords=pierre+the+penguin


After the story we headed over to the craft table and started our art project...making a penguin!




The kids loved it!  They got right to work painting the belly white...




and gluing on the eyes, nose, and feet...


Since the weather was so nice a few of us stayed and played at the park together for awhile.  Then it was home for lunch.  Levi starts to get tired but I can't let him nap.  If I do, he will be awake until 9 or 10 at night.  So I found him playing bugs and buttons (his favorite app) on his sister's ipad under his blanket  in the upside down stroller.

Later we went and picked up Suri from school.  Levi loves it when Suri comes home from school.  He misses her during the day.  They played outside for awhile and then wanted to come in and play with...you guessed it...snow-dough.  So I got it out.  (Told you I'm patient).  Well, with two of them playing it just got messier and messier.  Picture white crumbles everywhere!  So I let them have all their fun and then had them help me clean up what they could.  We threw it away and I vacuumed it all up for the last time.  Back to regular play-doh tomorrow.

Since daddy is out of town I'm doing dinner short order cook style.  Tonight's request was hot dogs.  Easy peasy.  I made myself a salad at lunch and ate the left-overs for dinner.  We get these absolutely delicious filets that we grill and then keep for left-overs.  I make beef teriyaki over rice and slice it up and put it in salads.  Yum!

So there you have it, another typical Tuesday.  My kids enjoyed seeing the snow coverage on the weather channel tonight.  If you are enjoying/enduring the snow, stay warm and safe!  Enjoy the snow days fellow teachers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment