Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Just another typical Tuesday...


Right now in my head I'm singing "Just another manic Monday" but changing it to "Just another typical Tuesday".  Songs get stuck in my head and then my brain plays with the words...  Around here it was a very busy typical Tuesday.  Tuesdays are probably our busiest days.

Tuesday is story hour day.  I co-teach a story hour for the kiddos in the neighborhood who stay at home with their parent or caregiver.  Since we restrict it to kiddos who live in the neighborhood we are allowed to use the clubhouse for our story hour.  Kids and caregivers look forward to this every week.  It just helps break up the day, you know?

Today I was on my own.  My partner is off in Atlanta buying a house to move into when they leave the island in March.  So we had planned to do If I Lived in a Snowglobe but I decided yesterday to change the project to something a little more toddler friendly.  Our ages range from 1-4 so I was worried about the younger side of our crew.  I decided to go with snowmen!

We started by singing all our songs.  The kids are really getting to know all the words and actions now that we have been doing this almost a year.  After songs I read Snowmen at Night.  This book is fabulous!  But I have an even more fabulous version...the pop-up version!!!  Ummm.... sweet sauce!  The kids loved it.  I let them all come up and take turns pulling tabs to make the snowmen do the various actions.  It really kept them engaged, which is not easy to do.  :)



Then it was craft time.  I already drew the outlines of the snowmen for them.  Some of our kiddos are very good with scissors, like this cutie here.  All I had to do was turn the paper for her and she was able to stay with the line.

For the others, the caregivers and parents stepped in to do the cutting.  Then it was all toddler/preschooler time!  I gave them buttons, sparkles, puff balls, googly eyes, and glue.  We let them go where their little minds would take them.




And for some finished examples...

Then a little after 1pm this afternoon our neighbor knocked on the door and said she wanted to show Levi something.

Ummmm... if there's a snake skin that big, then that means there's a snake around here that big.  GULP!

We left to get mail on that note.  Someone was tired.  This happens about 99% of the time we go to get mail in the afternoon.


"The dump, the dump, the dump is on fire!"  Can you name that tune?  (The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!).  Told you... my brain does funny things.  Some arsonists set the dump on fire over the weekend and it's still burning.  This isn't terribly unusual since they usually burn the trash anyways and fires at the dump are pretty common.  However, this one is quite big.  We had a very smoky day around here.  No, that's not cloud cover...that's smoke cover!


For dessert tonight I got out the marshmallows, pretzels, and chocolate chips and let my kids make snowmen.  And we sang "Do you wanna build a snowman?  Do you wanna eat him now?"... I seriously need to stop!  My daughter is catching on to my life as a blogger because she wouldn't eat hers until I took a picture.


Then she told me to post it here...

Never a dull moment around here.  Anyways... hope you had a good day today!  Maybe now some of these songs will find their way out of my head.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy your posts, Joya. I especially like "suri.com" :) Future blogger. See you around, Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete