Friday, January 9, 2015

Five for Friday!


Happy New Year Everyone!
I completely forgot about linking up last Friday so here I am to catch up with everyone on the holidays and the first week back to school.  I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching for her infamous Five for Friday Linky Party!  Click the pic if you want to join in the fun.
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

Since I didn't link up last week I'm doing my top five from the holidays.
Divider 1 
Relaxing.  That's about how I'd sum up this year's holiday season.  It was so nice!  Last year we had just moved out of the hotel we had lived in for the past month and into our house.  We moved into our house 6 days before Christmas.  We barely got our air shipment in time and thankgoodness we did... all the kids' Christmas presents were in it.  Last year was stressful and involved a lot of tears on everyone's part.  This year... relaxing, happy, and peaceful!


Divider 2
My daughter had her dance recital shortly before Christmas.  She was so excited!!!  It was her first time in dance and she just loved it!  Her teachers even came to see her perform.  It reminded me of all the soccer games I used to go to on Saturday mornings before I had kids of my own.  



Divider 3
A couple days before Christmas we all went to the zoo.  The zoo here on the island is famous for the flamingo show.  The flamingos parade around and move according to their trainer's whistle.  Near the end members of the audience get to come down and strike their best flamingo pose with the flamingos.  Here's my 2 and husband doing their flamingo.  Ok, so the husband decided not to do the flamingo. ;)

My daughter also ventured in to feed the Lorry parrots.  I just love the look on her face!
Divider 4 
The weather was amazing here in the Bahamas.  We spent New Year's Day at the beach.  My daughter pretty much just laid around.  I made her laugh when I took this one of us.
My husband and son worked on their sand fort for most of the afternoon.
At the end of the afternoon we decided to chase Suri into the waves.  We weren't having a lot of luck until a huge wave came along and swept her off her feet.  We literally lost her for 2 seconds.  I caught it on video and now it's hers and her brother's favorite video to watch over and over again.  :)
Divider 5 
I completely unplugged for several days around Christmas.  It was so nice.  However once I did get back to work, I've been busy.  Two of my favorites are bundles.  One is for preschoolers and kindergarteners mostly.  I've also had kids in second grade though who are still learning English and need help with letters, numbers, and colors.  This is my mitten matching/sorting bundle.  What I love about this bundle is that there are so many different ways to use the cards.  I list lots of ideas but I'm sure there are even more!  There are versions in my store for firsties and seconds too!  (Even and odd sorting and addition to 10 sorting...both freebies!)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pre-K-Kindergarten-Mitten-Matching-Bundle-Letters-Numbers-Colors-1637248

 With the numbers matching students can match any combination of numbers, number words, and snowballs on mittens.  How cute are the snowballs on mittens??  I just fell in love with them!


For the colors matching students can sort or match by any combination of color mitten and color word.
I also finished a bundle of my Snowball SPLAT games.  SPLAT! is played just like slap jack?  Remember how to play slap jack?  If you don't it's ok.  I included directions.  :)  I bundled my 2 Digit Place Value, Telling Time, 2D and 3D Shapes, and Fractions SPLAT games.  It's only $5 in my store.  If you buy it now you'll get all future additions for free!  If you want to try SPLAT! first, I have my short A Apple SPLAT game as a freebie in my store. 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Snowball-SPLAT-The-Bundle-1628027

I enjoyed reading about everyone's holidays last week.  I hope you all had a good first week back at school.  I know some of you even had a day off due to cold or snow.  Don't hate me, but the cold front even made it down here to the Bahamas.  It was windy and cooler (but only around 70 degrees).  I know!  I'll be quiet now!  Don't worry!  I grew up in Wisconsin so I know cold winters.  Stay warm everyone!  Happy Friday!


4 comments:

  1. Ah, what a different WARM life you lead :) I had two stay home "cold days" this week though :) I'm going to check out your resources. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joya,
    Glad to hear that this holiday was less stressful and more enjoyable for you and your family. I am definitely jealous of your sunshine!
    Brynn Allison
    The Literary Maven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how tan the kiddos are! If you end up here instead of Phoenix they will probably never be that tan again! I hope that next Christmas won't be as stressful with the move! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great holiday. Love the kids' jammies. Too cute! Your new products look great. You are rocking it out, girl!! I wish I could be as productive.

    ReplyDelete