Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Scoop


Happy Sunday Morning!

I'm linking up with Teaching Trio for a fun linky...  Click the image to join in the fun!
http://teachingtrio.blogspot.com/2014/12/sunday-scoop-12714.html

Here's what I'm up to today...
I'm not going to elaborate on the things I have to do.  Nothing exciting.  Just the usual Sunday stuff.  

We got our tree yesterday.  The kids are really excited to put the lights and ornaments on.  We are waiting for the branches to relax a bit.  We have promised them a decorating "party" with hot chocolate and Christmas music.  Hoping we can do this later this afternoon.  I really need to do some baking.  We use muffins, granola bars, pancakes, and waffles as our go-to snacks and meals from the freezer and our supply is nearly gone.  I know a 3 year old of mine who will be very excited to help me in the kitchen.  :)

My husband is off this weekend which means he actually gets to go to church with us.  My daughter is an angel in the Children's program today at church.  She is very excited that daddy gets to see her in the program.  I'm hoping her little brother is just as excited since there's no Sunday school or child care today.  Keeping him entertained can be a challenge.  But I'm looking forward to church anyways.  It's Advent, my favorite time of the year.  Looking forward to worshiping Him and seeing my daughter be an angel.

What are you up to today?

4 comments:

  1. Your decorating party sound like a lot of fun and really special for the kids - enjoy!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're heading to church as well in a few minutes. Do you always get up at 5am? :) The baking definitely sounds fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A decorating party is such a cute idea! We are hoping to get our tree this week and I'm so excited! I love decorating the tree! Have a wonderful week!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful Sunday! I love all of the family activities at church. We have a "family service" next week, so I'm hoping my 2 year old behaves at least a little bit! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete