Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Favorite Things




I'm linking up with Erica Bohrer from Erica's Ed-Ventures for a fun linky all about our favorite things.  Here they are in no particular order:

1.  My family

I have a wonderful husband who shares my wacky and sarcastic sense of humor.  He quotes movies lines and can always make me laugh.  We have 2 amazing children through adoption.  December is adoption month in our house.  Both our children's adoptions were finalized in December.  Suri in 2010.  Levi in 2012.  So here are their adoption day photos.




2.  My friends.  What fun is life without friends?  Friends make where you're at feel like home.  I don't have a picture of my crew here in the Bahamas.  I'll have to work on that.  Here's a pic of my besties from back home in Snohomish.  2 are my former teammates.  One is my friend's mom.  I "share a brain" with one of them.  Do you have that special teammate who you can go to and they just seem to be able to help you finish what you've started when you're stuck, solve a problem, see what you're just not able to see?  That's Lindsey for me.  She and her mom have a blog and TpT shop called 2 Literacy Teachers .  Have you discovered it yet?  If not, check out their passages.  Talk about meeting teachers' needs.  Passages at reading levels A-I on the same topic?  Now all the students in your classroom have access to the same topic and material but at their reading level!  Genius!!! 

 Then there are the friends who enter your life when you need each other the most.  That would be my friend Karleen.  Last, but not least, my best friend since 4th grade also lives in the Seattle area.  We've been friends "forever".  

3.  The ocean

Living here in the Bahamas has its ups and downs.  One thing I never tire of seeing is the ocean.  The color of the water here is something I never want to forget.




4.  My Kindle

I'm not a fan of listing material things as a favorite but I don't know what I'd do without my kindle... ok, actually I do.  I'd just spend a lot of money on amazon buying books.  With my kindle I can just download as many books as I can read.  I'm currently reading The Light Between Oceans.  I just finished Unbroken.  Highly recommend it!  Such a powerful story of survival!

5.  Teachers Pay Teachers

I am so thankful for Teachers Pay Teachers.  As a teacher I bought products all the time for my classroom.  Then I started my own shop back in spring of 2012.  I had no idea what I was doing.  I sold a couple of my products.  Then I went to the conference in Vegas last summer and saw what an opportunity it is.  I'm currently staying at home with my youngest while we are here in the Bahamas.  I was having a hard time adjusting to not working and being a stay-at-home mom with not much to do here on the island.  This is where the work from home opportunity of TpT has saved me!  Now I am working on growing my shop and can do it while still being at home with my children.  Talk about a dream come true!

There you have it.  My favorite things!  What are yours?  Link up, I'd love to read about yours!
 



1 comment:

  1. So sweet, now I kinda feel bad I left out my family and friends!

    ReplyDelete