Thursday, December 4, 2014

December Currently...


Oh boy am I late to the game this month!  I was soooo busy getting my store ready for the big sale I completely forgot about my favorite linky...this one!  December totally snuck up on me.  So grab a cup of coffee or hot cocoa, curl up on the couch, and join me for a little December Currently, hosted by Farley of Oh Boy Fourth Grade.
 We have an internet radio that we bought last year.  I'm so glad we did.  I love being able to listen to iheart radio.  We can't get pandora but iheart radio has been great.  I'm in love with their Christmas favorites station.  It's totally getting me in the mood despite the fact that it's 75 and sunny here and doesn't feel a bit like Christmas.

My Starbucks store order arrived yesterday.  I ordered all my holiday faves.  Thankgoodness for peppermint mocha via!!!!  They don't make the peppermint mocha at Starbucks here so I'm grateful to still be able to order it and get it here.  I also got a tin of JOY tea.  My favorite tea this time of year.  Love that it's JOY, so close to my name, and let's face it, it brings me joy to curl up with a hot mug of it.  I ordered some pumpkin chai mix for my husband and peppermint hot cocoa for the kids.  Everyone is happy which makes me happy!

I have so much wrapping to do.  I was able to get all the Bahamian gifts I'd bought for family and friends wrapped, boxed, and mailed off today.  Now to face all the presents stashed in our closet that need wrapping... I will not wait til Christmas Eve, I will not wait til Christmas Eve, I will not wait til Christmas Eve!

I got an amazon gift card from my sister for my birthday.  I purchased Sharp Objects, Dark Places, Unbroken, Where'd You Go Bernadette?, and The Light Between Oceans to read on my Kindle.  Looking forward to getting in some reading.  I sense some late nights coming... :)

The hubby is off for 4 days this weekend and so we are going to be able to go get our tree and get our decorations out.  Looking forward to decorating the tree and decking the halls!

Our church hands out shoe boxes for local charities in need at the holidays.  Inside is a list of needed items.  Each of my kids picked out a box and my husband and I are sharing a box for the Children's Emergency Youth Hostel.  These are kids without homes, orphans basically who live at this orphanage.  If you read my blog, you know that adoption and orphan care are near and dear to my heart.  We picked out pjs, socks, and underwear for boys and girls to fill our boxes.  My kids were part of the shopping and had fun choosing items.  I'm proud of them for wanting to give back.  I also am going to be in charge of the toddler room Sunday School curriculum and planning from here on out.  This is a big step for me.  I've been looking for a more significant way to serve other than just working in the toddler room once every 4-5 weeks.  Well, God put it on my heart to do this and so I am going to do this with incredible joy!  To spread the joy here is a freebie from my store for you all to enjoy!
CCSS Aligned 2D Shapes Gingerbread SPLAT!


Happy December Everyone!
 

2 comments:

  1. I L♥VE Peppermint mocha and Christmas music! You are way ahead of me with presents! I haven't even started shopping yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family are here for a mini Christmas this weekend- the presents are still unwrapped! Good luck with the shoe boxes- our school took part in the national shoe box appeal- those who gave most generously were truly those most in need themselves. Merry Christmas Xx

    ReplyDelete