Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Sunday Scoop


Aaaahhhh.  Sunday morning.  I know many of my teacher friends are already on Thanksgiving break.  Others only have 2 or 3 days to go.  You can do it!  You're nearly there!   I'm linking up with Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop Linky Party.  This week it's all about book club and Thanksgiving, which I'm hosting both at my house.

I've started a book club and we meet for the first time Tuesday evening.  We read Wild this month.  Have you read it?  I'm nearly finished.  I'm not a huge nonfiction reader so this was a bit of a stretch for me.  It is a true story of one woman's journey on the Pacific Crest Trail alone.  I'm really enjoying it and am looking forward to hearing what everyone else thought about it.  Any book club tips out there?  Good book suggestions?  I'm open to it all.

Thursday is Thanksgiving.  My favorite holiday.  We have friends coming over for dinner after our kids get home from school.  They are also from Washington as well.  Our kids are best friends.  I can't wait to get that bird in the oven, turn on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and let the magic of Thanksgiving happen.

I hope this Thanksgiving finds you celebrating with friends and/or family.  Enjoy the holiday!
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. My family have to cook on Thanksgiving and I am helping, also I am helping with the meal at my church. Busy, busy day for me. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just read a couple of your posts. Up and moving to the Bahamas for two years is huge. There are so many small challenges (like the overripe fruit) that I can relate to from visiting my friend in Grenada. Cooking Thanksgiving there must require some creativity. Good luck!

    Brynn Allison
    The Literary Maven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Liebster Award, visit my post to see all about it!
    Sara
    Frampton's FUNdamentals

    ReplyDelete