Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday Scoop

 Happy Sunday!

I'm linking up with Teaching Trio for a fun linky, Sunday Scoop!  Thanksgiving has come and gone and now it's time to start getting ready for the Christmas holiday.  I refuse to make the shift in my mind til after Thanksgiving.  Last year at this time we were still in the hotel hoping we'd get into our house before Christmas.  This year we are happily enjoying a much more relaxing season and are looking forward to a Christmas where we are not surrounded in boxes.  :)  Here's my scoop...

 I'm excited to make our advent calendar with the kids later today.  I bought a kit from Oriental Trading Company.  The kids are excited too!  Suri just asked if the elf is going to come this year.  I guess I had better look and see if we still have our elf.  We bought a Bahamian elf last year.  Not the typical Elf on the Shelf.  Ours just likes to hide and make a little mess.  Nothing too naughty.  :)  I also would love to start opening our boxes of Christmas decorations to start decking the halls. 

Every 3rd or 4th Sunday I serve in the toddler room at our church.  I teach the 2 and 3 year olds.  My son Levi is 3 so he loves it when mommy is working in his room.  I led an outreach ministry for foster children and families at my church back in Seattle.  It's nice to find a way to contribute and serve here in the Bahamas.  My hubby and I have plans to connect with one of the local orphanages here soon.  Stay tuned for updates on that...  What are you up to today??

2 comments:

  1. We have an advent calendar that, at ages 21 and 25, my brother and I still get presents from after all these years! The "elves" aka my mother are very generous and we still feel like little kids when we get each day's gift!
    ~Molly
    www.allstarmusicva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the Sunday Scoop. Looks wonderful! Have fun serving in the toddler room at church.

    Cheryl
    Techie Turtle Teacher

    ReplyDelete