Friday, November 21, 2014

Five for Friday: Birthday Edition!!!



Happy Friday Everyone!!

I'm linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for another fun Five for Friday linky!  Tuesday was my birthday.  I was spoiled this year by my family.  Especially my husband.  Last year at this time we had just arrived here in the Bahamas the night before my birthday.  My husband had to report to work the very next morning leaving me in the hotel with our kids in a new country.  This year has been one to remember.

Divider 1
My husband surprised me with a day away together doing the power boat adventure.  It's a day excursion that takes you out to the Exumas.  The ride is about and hour and fifteen minutes.  First stop is getting to feed iguanas grapes.  Then we headed to the Cay where we'd be spending the day.  We got to feed wild sting rays from our hand.  Then our guide wrangled a couple sharks for us.  There were nurse sharks, lemon sharks, and reef sharks.  I spent most of the day reading on the beach.  Pure heaven!  It was a once in a lifetime kind of experience!




Divider 2
 I had these on my amazon wish list.  When we get our fruits and veggies here in the Bahamas they are already close to spoiling so I am always trying to preserve the fridge life of my fruits and veggies.  I'm hoping the berry keeper and fruit and veggie keeper help.


Divider 3 
 

I desperately needed new measuring cups and spoon.  10 cups and 10 spoons?  Yes, please!  Can't wait to use these!!!

Divider 4 
With all the power outages here in the Bahamas I have been wanting one of these.  This will definitely help!

Divider 5

New spatulas!  I'm especially excited about the jar one.  This will definitely help with mixing up a new jar of peanut butter and getting the last bits out of a jar.  

I also received an amazon gift card and a Shutterfly gift card from my sisters.   I'm planning on getting a big lasagna dish with my amazon card.  I really need to make some photo books on Shutterfly so I'm going to use my gift card to do just that!


Tomorrow my husband and I along with a bunch of our friends are headed out to see the new Mockingjay movie.  So excited!  I'm a huge Hunger Games fan.  Also looking forward to Thanksgiving.  I just love Thanksgiving.  It's probably my favorite holiday.  We've got friends coming over to celebrate with us.  Looking forward to a day of cooking, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, some football, and some great friends and food.  
Happy early Thanksgiving everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Feeding iguanas...how absolutely cool. The closest I've gotten to that is by leaving stale crackers in the back yard for squirrels LOL. I really enjoy your blog and your Bahamas living adventure. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!!! It sounds like you had a great week. What an awesome birthday trip. Reading on the beach??? AWESOME!!! And it looks like you got a lot of great goodies to play with. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looks like your husband planned a wonderful day for you! I would love to have the weather you are having right now. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,
    Yes, the weather is amazing here. No complaints. We watch the weather and see all the snow falling in the US. We miss snow but not the shoveling, driving in it, scraping it off the car, etc... Happy Thanksgiving! Stay warm. 😊

    ReplyDelete