Sunday, November 2, 2014

Currently...


I'm so excited!  It's my first Currently linky with Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade.  Before I even knew what linky parties were I loved reading the Currently posts on everyone's blogs.  Now I get to give it a go.

Listening... Radio isn't great here in the Bahamas so I'm using my internet radio and my itunes library a whole lot these days.  I'm in love with Maroon 5's album V and Florida Georgia Line.  I just saw the other day that Florida Georgia Line has a new album out.  My birthday is this month so that's on the list.  I'm a huge fan of The Voice.  Anyone else out there watch??  It's sooooo good this year.  That may or not be a participating factor in my love affair with Maroon 5's music right now.  :) 

Loving...  If you read my blog then you know that I currently live in the Bahamas.  The weather was hot and sticky and miserable up until a week ago.  The weather finally changed and the temps dropped.  It's been fabulous lately.  Temps in the 70s in the mornings.  Highs in the low to mid 80s.  Nice breeze.  Perfection!!!  For Halloween on Friday my kids didn't have to wear any layers under their costumes or coats over their costumes.  I grew up in Wisconsin.  I have never experienced a warm Halloween people!  This was amazing.  Favorite Halloween ever!

Thinking... I have a whole lot to be thankful for.  We are very fortunate to be living here in the Bahamas for a few years.  We are coming up on our one year anniversary of moving here.  We are together here as a family.  We have wonderful friends both here and back home who mean so much to us.  We are in a neighborhood here where my kids are safe and can run around and play without worry.  My kids... definitely my biggest blessing (after the hubby of course).  They are the definition of a blessing.  They've both had to overcome a lot in their little lives and they are thriving.  They are both adopted out of foster care back home.  I'm so proud of them every day.  We have an amazing support system here both at school for my daughter and with the services she receives here on the island.  Last year my daughter had a rough year with school.  This year is a whole different story.  She is happy and she is succeeding!  She has a fabulous teacher and the staff at her school this year is just wonderful.  Suri gets a private school education while we are here and I am so thankful for this.  I am thankful for a wonderful church here that is helping me continue mine and my family's walk with God.  We know he is at work in our lives and are thankful for his plan.

Wanting... As I mentioned above, it has been a year since we left family and friends in Seattle.  I am missing them!  I desperately want to plan a trip back home to visit.  Just have to wait for airfare to drop.  Just keep waiting...just keep waiting... 

Needing...  I am enjoying being able to fit in my workouts as a stay at home momma and TpT products creator.  I walk 3 miles most days with a couple of other friends who are also stay at home mommas.  I need to add more to this though.  I found this workout on pinterest where you do 80 jumping jacks, 20 squats, 25 lunges each leg, 10 push ups, 20 sit-ups, and a 30 second wall sit.  Repeat 3 times.  I keep needing/hoping to add this to my walks but by the time I get home I'm just ready to get in the shower.  Need motivation too, I guess.  :)

Reading...  I have a Kindle fire so I have been devouring books lately.  I read John Grisham's new book Gray Mountain.  Loved the story.  Did not like the ending.  Now I've moved on to Jodi Piccoult's new book Leaving Time.  Pretty good so far.  I'm about half way through it.  Hoping something really interesting happens soon to really draw me in.  We will see...

There you have it folks!  Can't wait to pop by a bunch of other blogs and see what everyone's up to!  Happy Sunday Everyone!


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your kids are having a good year...it makes such a difference! Enjoy the cooler weather. I feel the same way about the temperature change.
    Wallis
    Ms. Wilson's Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you are in such a good place, both physically and spiritually. Glad to be your newest follower!

    Jennifer

    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I LOVE the VOICE!!!!!!!! I especially love this season AND the judges! I'm wondering if next season Taylor Swift might be a judge??? Second, how AWESOME that you like in the Bahamas!!!!! :) I'm jealous! :) I'm originally from Northern Michigan, but live in Eastern NC now, so we are also new to the "warm" Halloweens.
    Lori :)
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      I think you might be on to something there... Taylor Swift could be a judge in an upcoming season! My best friend went to Northern Michigan University for college so I've been up to that neck of the woods a few times. Aren't warm Halloweens fun?? Glad to meet you. Thanks for stopping by!
      Joya :)

      Delete
  4. I live in Brazil, so I totally understand a warm Halloween :)
    I'm also trying to add more workouts to my routine, but it's hard to find the motivation. Working on TpT products is way more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy,
      I have to admit...I REALLY enjoyed my first warm Halloween! It is hard to find the motivation, especially if my laptop is right there staring at me. Make more TpT products it seems to suggest. :) Way more fun! Glad to meet you! Thanks for stopping by!
      Joya :)

      Delete
  5. Okay...we are waiting for you to come home too!!! I can't believe it's already been a year. We are ready for you to come home now. No more playing in the sun:) You will LOVE FGL's new album. I pre-ordered it and I LOVE it. Em and I sing and dance to it ALL THE TIME!! They are on tour right now. I am hoping they come here. They came to the Washington State Fair but it was on a Monday night in September and you know I wouldn't have made it through that. Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of you this weekend when I read about two new apps in one of my parenting magazines. One is called 7 Minute Workout. There were two that were free in the Android Play Store so I don't know if I have the right one but it is kind of fun. They take you through the exercises you mentioned and a few others. There is a voice that tells you what to do, then it starts a timer and let's you know when you are halfway through and then counts down the last few seconds. Then there is a little break and on to the next exercise. 7 minutes and done. And it keeps track of how often you do it and on which days. I'm so out of shape...the planks and pushups killed me.

    The other one is supposed to be an app for people who read a lot digitally. Instead of buying each book you pay a monthly $10 fee and have access to thousands of books. It is called Oyster. I had never heard of it before but I also don't read as much digitally as you do.

    ReplyDelete