Sunday, October 19, 2014

Liebster Award


Happy Sunday Morning!
 Who doesn't love Sunday mornings?  As I was checking in with some of my favorite blogging buddies I discovered that my friend Sara from Sara J Creations was nominated for a Liebster Award.  What is the Liebster Award?  It's an award for new bloggers who are trying to grow their readership.  I am very excited for Sara!  Sara has nominated me!  Thanks Sara! 

As part of being nominated I have to answer the following 11 questions and then nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers.

1.  Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started blogging this summer (August 2014) after attending the TpT conference as a way to help grow my TpT store.  I had a personal blog that I was using to keep family and friends up to date about our life since moving to the Bahamas in November of 2013.  I decided that I didn't want to try and maintain two blogs so I spent a lot of time thinking of a blog title that would allow me to share what was happening in our family as well as what I was doing in the world of teaching.  That's how Liveloveserveteach was born!

2.  What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Love~ My blog is about all things/people that I love.  I love life.  I love my family.  I love God and serving God.  I love teaching. 

3.  Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?  
I feel like I'm still pretty new at blogging and am constantly learning.  Since I'm not currently in the classroom I feel like I lack pictures.  I taught first and second grade for 15 years and could've had an amazing repertoire of pictures to use for blogging.  Now I just have to be more creative.

4.  What is your favorite past time other than blogging?   
Creating resources for my TpT store and my kiddos.  I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old.  I'm always coming up with fun ways for my 3 year old to learn his letters and numbers.  I enjoy making products for my 7 year old to supplement and support what she's learning in school.  I love to read.  I have a kindle so I am able to download and buy books as fast as I can read through them.  Good thing since there isn't a public library here in Nassau.  I also love swimming almost every day (see the picture of our amazing pool here) and going to the beach with my family (video here).

5.  How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Every week is different.  It really depends on our family schedule.  Over the summer my husband works a ton of over time so there wasn't a lot of time for me to commit to my blog.  Some weeks I post 3-4 times per week.  Other weeks I'm lucky to post once.  My goal is 3-4 posts per week.

6.  What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
Anything that has to do with parenting and teaching.  Now that I'm a stay at home momma I enjoy connecting with other mommas.  I still love reading teacher blogs even though I'm not currently in the classroom.  It helps me stay current with what's happening in education and I enjoy seeing all the amazing and creative ideas! 

7.  Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My family and friends.  We are always busy doing something.  Life is never dull with a 3 and 7 year old around.  My teacher friends help keep me inspired with our face time chats and texts back and forth about what's happening in their classrooms and it helps keep my brain focused on all the things I did in the classroom for 15 years.

8.  Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
The one I did for the tricks and treats for teachers blog hop.  I shared some strategies for helping those wiggle worms in the classroom that were really effective for me in my 15 years of teaching along with a freebie to go with it.  It was really well received and I got a lot of positive comments and feedback on it. 

9.  Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing it for awhile now?
YES!  I've started writing it but every time I start working on it the kids need something, the power goes out, etc...  It's called "After the first 6 weeks of school...a time for reflecting and making changes".  Hoping to get it done this week!  :)

10.  What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
Connecting with others.  I've enjoyed connecting with other former teachers turned stay at home mommas as well as other teachers.  It's amazing how you can find people you have so much in common with and these amazing friendships are born!

11.  Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?
I really want to make the fall sensory bin for my son.  I think he would love sensory bins and your fall one is perfect.  I LOVE the different colors of rice and the targeted matching activities.  I also just love reading your blog.  We have so much in common it seems like I relate to so much that is happening in your life.

Now it's time for the nominations!
2 Literacy Teachers: Lindsey Sanchez and Kristin Denning
Ms. Gatt's Class: Angela Gatt
Anchored in Learning: Ashley Arthur
Mrs. Groom's Room: Shana Groom
Kinderdoodlez: Kristen Ryan
Breninroom10: Brenda
Henle House Chronicles: Nicole Henle
Teach with Holly Rachel: Holly Rachel
Living the First Grade Dream: Katie

I hope the nomination brings you more followers and readers.  I enjoy reading your blogs and connecting with you!

Now that you've been nominated here are the official "rules" for accepting:
1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each.  Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well.  (You can just put your post link in the comments below).
 



6 comments:

  1. Aww thanks Joya!!! I agree - I feel like we have so much in common and it is so nice to talk to other teachers turned stay at home moms and still have that connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha! Thanks for explaining the Liebster Award. I had wondered about it. Nice for bloggers to help bloggers in this way. Nice to meet you in your interview, too. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joya!!! I'm flattered. I was at the TpT conference too! Wasn't it great? Hope to meet you there next time! I'm off to work on that Liebster post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and here it is http://www.breninroom10.com/2014/11/currently-and-liebster-award.html

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for thinking of me!! I'm super excited. It took me a while but I finally have it up! I loved reading about you! Thanks for sharing. Here is my post: http://www.theowlteacher.blogspot.com/2014/11/ive-won-its-fun-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete