Friday, October 17, 2014

Five for Friday: Fall Break


Hello!
Happy Friday!  I'm linking up this fabulous Friday for another Five for Friday linky party hosted by Doodlebugs Teaching.

This week was Suri's Fall break, or midterm break.  So I had to be prepared to beat those break boredom blues.  :)
Divider 1  

We started off with making slime.  I hunted everywhere on the island to find borax or liquid starch and finally found borax so we could make slime.  Suri had been begging me for over a week to make it.  The fun really began when her 3 year old little brother got it all over the couch!  Well, not really, but I'm still figuring out how I'm going to get it out.

Divider 2
Monday we went and spent the day with friends at their hotel.  They are moving back to the states in two days and our kids are friends.  Another mom and her kids (also good friends of ours) and me and my kiddos packed our pool and beach stuff into my truck and off we went.  It was nice hanging out with good friends at the beach and pool.  They are staying at the Hilton so it's a very nice beach and pool.

Divider 3  
Tuesday was preschool story hour.  A couple other moms and I lead a preschool story hour for the little kids who stay at home every Tuesday in our neighborhood's clubhouse.  We just finished learning about the letters in the alphabet.  Now we are doing some fun Halloween theme projects.  Last week we did hand print bats and my very talented friend made bat cupcakes for snack. 

This week we made skeletons and the same talented friend made "bones" for snack.  This skeleton was made by my daughter Suri who is 7.  She enjoys coming to story hour over the summer and during breaks from school.



Divider 4 
I've been working hard on a fun Fall-themed product I've named Candy Corn Craze.  
It's full of ELA, Reading, and Math activities for kiddos in grades K-2.  It should be posted this weekend in my store.  Suri saw me working on it and really wanted to try some of the activities.  She picked Candy Corn Double Trouble.  Luckily the doubles were no trouble for her!


Divider 5

My hubby was off Tuesday and Wednesday.  He tweaked his back on Tuesday, went to the doctor on Wednesday, and had to take Thursday off to give his back one more day to heal so he could return to work.  I convinced him that the beach would be a great place to relax and let his back heal.  He agreed.  So while we weren't able to do the Blue Lagoon trip we really wanted to do, we always love heading over to Love Beach.  There were awesome waves thanks to Hurricane Gonzalo.  The kids had a blast.  Momma and Daddy too.  :)


Well that's my week.  It's been a great one.  I love seeing everyone's pictures of the Fall colors back home and trips to the pumpkin farm.  While we do miss those things from home, we know we are pretty fortunate to be able to spend some time here as a family.  Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I made slime once long, long ago and am so happy to have been reminded of it! It may have to be something I do this October! Your blog is darling!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete