Friday, September 19, 2014

Five for Friday!


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

It's Friday and that means it's time for a Five for Friday linky party with Doodlebugs Teaching.  Here are my 5 from the past week...

 
I have officially become one of THOSE moms.  You know what I'm talking about.  One of those moms who has to drive/shuttle her kid everywhere during the week.  Unintentionally I am driving Suri somewhere everyday (except Thursdays) after school.  I am fortunate in that I am currently a stay at home momma so it's not as big a deal as it would be if I were still teaching full-time.  How do you do it full-time working mommas??  Here's a peek at Suri's schedule:
Monday: soccer practice
Tuesday: speech
Wednesday: speech
Thursday: a break (PHEW!)
Friday: dance
Saturday: soccer practice/game
Sunday: a break (Church)

In addition to becoming one of THOSE moms, I'm now a soccer mom probably soccer coach.  I attended the parent meeting for Suri's soccer club on Wednesday night.  Her soccer club uses paid coaches during the week but requires parent coaches and assistant coaches to run the Saturday practices and games.  Well... I played soccer all through my childhood up through high school.  They are going to train us.  I was a teacher for 15 years.  So I signed up to coach.  I got this, right??  I can handle 10-12 seven and eight year olds!  Piece of cake!  Ha!  :)

 
I LOVE Fall!  Every year I look forward to the weather turning cooler and the leaves turning colors.  This means apples and pumpkins galore!  I eat 2-3 apples a day and LOVE everything pumpkin.  Now that I am in the Bahamas I'm trying to get myself in the fall mood without the change in weather and leaves turning colors.  How do I do that?  Pumpkin spice lattes!!!  I make my own.  Depending on my mood I drink it hot or iced and it's just delicious!  Our Starbucks here in the Bahamas just started offering the pumpkin spice latte this week.  Did you see this article on what's in their pumpkin spice latte by Food Babe?  If not, you can check it out here.  Makes me glad that I enjoy my own homemade ones.  Doesn't mean I won't drink an occasional one from Starbucks, but nice to be able to drink one every morning in the comfort of my own home.  Here's what I put in mine:


 
Yesterday was my 10th wedding anniversary.  10 years ago we got married in Virginia on a ranch in the Shenandoah Valley.  We had an outdoor ceremony planned.  The day and night before our wedding the aftermath of Hurricane Ivan blew through.  There were a record 26 tornadoes that touched down, 1 a mile from where we were.  So with the help of our friends and family, we pulled together a wedding the next day inside the ranch's riding arena.  It was a memorable wedding not to be forgotten by anyone who was there.  We had a honeymoon to the Bahamas planned.  A couple of days before our wedding our honeymoon was canceled due to....hurricane damage!  Fast forward ten years... here we are in the Bahamas celebrating our anniversary.  My poor husband tried sooooo hard to plan a special day that was a complete surprise to me.  What "ruined" the plans?  RAIN!  He reserved us a spot on the powerboat adventure day trip to the Exumas only to have it bumped by people who reserved in person.  He made the reservation online.  So then we decided to do a 1/2 day sailing cruise.  15 minutes before the cruise was to leave, thunderstorms parked themselves over the island and showed no signs of moving... sailing cruise canceled!  So we headed home and sent the babysitter on her way.  We figured at least we'd be able to still go out to eat and do our planned family pictures on the beach that evening.  Well... (you probably know where this is going) those same pesky thunderstorms decided to park themselves on our half of the island right when we were set to have family pictures taken and head out to an anniversary dinner.  We canceled our plans and decided we will try again another day.  I quickly made the kids some macaroni and cheese and we got them ready for bed.  Then, since I hadn't planned anything for dinner and it was 7:40 and everything was closed we had to improvise our stay at home dinner.  So what was for dinner?  Tuna sandwiches!  :)  My husband felt terrible but I told him he shouldn't.  The most important thing is that we are here together.  So... at some point we will take family pictures on the beach.  :)

     
A peek at my latest product.  Let me say that without the tell-tale signs of Fall, I had a hard time making a Fall product.  It took way longer than it should've but I finished it.  It's available in my TpT store.  Click the picture to check it out.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/No-Prep-Fall-Math-Fun-1450023

And now I'm off to go make my pumpkin spice latte... Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Joya! Your wedding/anniversary story made me so sad for you. What are the chances that that sort of thing happens? I was laughing though about mac and cheese for the kids and tuna sandwiches for you and the hubby. Haven't we all been there?? That is the reality of life right there. You plan the fairy tale and life the reality! At least you were all together, healthy and happy, right?? Plus you were in the Bahamas!

    Have a great week! Even if you are rushing around and dropping kiddos off every day!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete