Friday, September 12, 2014

Five for Friday


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3] 
 Hello Everyone!  I'm linking up this Friday morning with Doodle Bugs Teaching five for Friday linky party.  A fun way to review the week!  Here are my 5! 

Divider 1
Last weekend we had a family movie night.  We rented A Dolphin Tale on our Apple TV.  My kiddos are 3 and 7.  Suri, my 7 year old, LOVED the movie.  My 3 year old, Levi, enjoyed most of it.  Suri is now obsessed with Winter, the dolphin in the movie.  We figured out that you can go visit Winter in Clearwater, Florida.  We have a trip planned to Orlando at the end of the month.  We gave her the choice, a second day at Disney World, or a day trip to visit Winter.  She is currently choosing a trip to visit Winter.  The second movie comes out this weekend.  We are going to see if it's playing here and probably take the kiddos this weekend.  I sense a dolphin experience here in Nassau at some point in Suri's future.  

Divider 2 
My husband had Tuesday and Wednesday off this week.  We had hoped to head to the beach.  The weather did not cooperate.  On Tuesday we headed downtown for lunch and daiquiris at Fat Tuesday.  Fat Tuesday here is right on the ocean.  It's just beautiful.  There were only a couple of cruise ships in port so it wasn't busy.  Here's a pic of Levi with his fruit punch daiquiri.
Divider 3 
Last weekend I went and saw If I Stay.  After seeing the movie I downloaded the sequel Where She Went the next day.  I finished it in a day.  I stayed up pretty late but I finished it.  I'm eagerly anticipating Gone Girl coming out in October.  I'm already planning a momma's night out to go see it with all my fellow mommas.

Divider 4
I finished and uploaded another product this week.  When I was in the classroom one of my strengths was targeting behaviors and helping kids develop different strategies instead of acting out.  I created an ABCs of Behavior Resource Pack to help teachers who are struggling with those tricky or tough behaviors.  In the pack is an antecedent, behavior, and consequence form...
my bestseller behavior reflection logs...
and some anecdotal notes forms and reward/incentive charts...

I blogged in detail about it this week here.  I'm hoping this will really help my fellow teachers out there.  You can find it in my TpT store here.


Divider 5 
Sleep.  Those of you who are parents of small children know how precious sleep is.  I'm pretty fortunate that my kiddos are generally excellent sleepers.  Every once in awhile though they take forever to fall asleep and like to wake up sooooo early.  The past few mornings Levi has been up at 5:30am.  I'm ready for him to go back to between 6:30 and 7am.  I stay up til 10:30 or sometimes later working on TpT products so 5:30 has been a little painful this week.  But I know there are parents out there who would love to sleep from 11pm til 5:30am.  That would be a gift to them.  I'm not complaining, just hoping things return to normal soon.  :)

Happy Friday Everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment