Friday, September 5, 2014

five for FRIDAY!


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

It's time for another 5 for Friday linky party with Doodle Bugs Teaching!  Fridays always sneak up on me.  I'm sure for all my friends who are teaching and have survived the first week back with their students, Friday couldn't come fast enough.  :)  Here's my 5....

Divider 1 
My daughter had to suddenly switch schools this week.  The good news is that she is really happy where she is now and she has a fantastic teacher.  She is at a brand new school that just opened and it's close enough that we can bike there in 15 minutes or drive in 5.  Makes mornings a whole lot less hectic!
Divider 2 
Here's how I spent the first day of school.  With these two monkeys...
Divider 3
 My husband's hours are finally returning to normal.  This means I finally have some time to start making the products I have been dying to create all summer.  First up is a free checklist of the first 100 Fry words.  This is also available in landscape format.  Click on the picture.  It will take you to my store to download this freebie.
FREE FRY Words 1-100 Checklist (portrait)   

Next up is a freebie and preview of my newest product.  I hope to have it posted tonight.  It's from my CCSS Aligned "In a Pinch" 1st Grade Math Games and Assessments.  Each pack is going to target one specific standard.  Teaching in a state that doesn't do the CCSS?  No problem!  I've got you covered.  Following the pages with CCSS are pages with blank boxes for you to write in your state standard that matches.  Click the cover picture to download.  Enjoy the freebie! 
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B__l5jy3YcrzUFh2SGp1XzJ6cUE&usp=sharing







Divider 4

My hubby and I got to go to the Paradise Island Country Music Festival last Sunday.  We had a blast.  I blogged in more detail about it here but here is a pic of us.  Nothing like being at the beach listening to Dan and Shay, The Band Perry, and Rascal Flats.  AWESOME!
Divider 5
I'm a huge reader.  I have a Kindle Fire HDX and I just love being able to read, read read!  We don't have a public library here so my Kindle is a life-saver.  I read If I Stay this week.  Actually I read it in one day.  :)  Have you read it?  I really liked it.  I'm hoping to see the movie this weekend.  I wanted to read the book first before seeing the movie.  Has anyone read the next books in the series?  Are they any good?  I'm debating...
Product Details  

To all my friends who have completed their first week of school... relax and enjoy your weekend.  You deserve it!  I'm thinking about you!  I'm headed to the pool now with my littlest monkey.  He's been very patient while mommy blogs.  :)
Happy Friday Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your daughter is liking her new school. Yay!!! You have me curious about If I Stay even though I don't usually like things that are sad. I do like reading books and seeing movies. I read Labor Day last year in hopes of seeing the movie but still haven't done that. Thinking of trying Gone Girl because I know that is coming out as a movie. Any other good books suggestions? I'm always looking for something.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete