Friday, August 22, 2014

Five for Friday

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3] 

Yay!  It's Friday!  That means it's time for 5 for Friday!  I have to confess...now that I'm a stay-at-home momma the days seem to blend together and I'm not always very good at keeping track of what day it is.  It's especially bad in the summer.  I'm looking forward to school starting and getting back into my routine. :)

Divider 1   

It was all things FROZEN at our house last Saturday evening.  We had the girls from Suri's class over to celebrate her birthday.  (We were in Wisconsin for her actual birthday)  The party was a huge success.  We played FROZEN Bingo, pin the nose on Olaf, tie-dyed t-shirts in FROZEN colors, and ate pizza, snowman snack mix, Sven's fruit salad, and Olaf noses.  We drank FROZEN punch.  We decorated cupcakes and opened presents.  All in the span of 2 hours!  PHEW!!!  As a teacher I always over planned.  I think I probably over planned her party too.  :) 


Divider 2 
Suri had her first stand-up paddle boarding lesson Saturday morning.  She really enjoyed it and insists she wants to teach mom and dad how to do it.


Divider 3
We took the kids to the Aquaventure water park at Atlantis.  We had a blast!  Hard to believe we've been here 9 months and it was the first time we went.  Since our kids are little we couldn't go on any of the big water slides but we enjoyed all the pools, the rapids river, and the kids play areas.  We weren't able to take any pictures but here's the brochure picture.  :)
 
Divider 4 
This week has required a LOT of grace on my part when it comes to parenting.  One of my favorite and go-to verses in the Bible for encouragement is this... it has seen me through a lot!
grace quotes | God's Grace and Mercy Quotes http://supersweetrainbow.blogspot.com/ 

Divider 5 
My newest product... one very near and dear to my heart.  It stemmed from my own daughter's difficulties with learning and remembering her sight words.  I started telling stories using her FRY words.  It helped her a lot!  She not only remembers the words, but also the stories!  I created this pack of activities for the first 100 FRY words and included my very popular FRY Words KABOOM game.  Have you ever played KABOOM with your kids?  My first and second graders loved to play it in guided reading groups and in pairs.  You put the words into any container that isn't see-through. 
First player draws a word and reads it.  If they read it correctly, they get to keep it.  If they read it incorrectly, they have to put it back.  Play continues this way.  But...Uh Oh!  If you draw a KABOOM card, YOU HAVE TO PUT ALL OF YOUR CARDS BACK!  OH NO!  :)  The player with the most words after all the word cards are gone is the winner.  Super fun!  The activities include coloring in the targeted FRY words, highlighting the FRY words in the story, writing the FRY words, finding the words in a word search, and a roll and write.  Use these for struggling learners, RTI groups, early finishers, in guided reading groups, as a literacy center, or as homework.  They are very versatile!






Happy Friday Everyone!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment