Thursday, August 14, 2014

Five for Friday!


                                        [fiveforfriday2%255B6%255D.jpg]
 Hello Everyone!
It's hard to believe another week has passed.  Where is summer going??  Today I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for another 5 for Friday linky party.  Here are my 5....
Divider 1
We have a new family who arrived on the island last weekend.  They have a 3 year old and he and my son Levi are instant best buds.  It's so sweet to see the two of them playing together and getting in trouble together.  :)  Meeting the new family brought back all the memories of when we moved here in November.  My poor husband!  We arrived on a Sunday night at 8pm and he had to be at work the next morning at 9am.  Meanwhile we were in a hotel in a new country with no car and two little kids.  Oh...and it was my birthday that next day!  He came home those first weeks to me experiencing so many emotional ups and downs.  We were in a hotel for a month before our home was ready.  Things improved a lot for us once we got in our house and our belongings arrived.  While I miss my friends back home I am grateful for the friendships I've made here.  They have made the Bahamas feel like home to me.  You know who you are ladies...thanks from the bottom of my heart!
Divider 2  
Night swimming!  Our new favorite bedtime routine.  We eat dinner around 5:30 in our house so we are done shortly after 6.  We head to the pool around 6:30 or 7 and swim until 8pm.  The water is warm, the sun is almost down, and it feels amazing.  It's great for wearing our kids out for bedtime too.  No bedtime battles in this house!  Here's a pic of my hubby and kiddos last night in the pool.


Divider 3 
Car trouble!  Did you read my post last week about what an ordeal it is for us to get mail?  Well, today was the mother of all mail ordeals.  I've been going to get our mail almost every day this week.  My daughter's birthday party is Saturday and we have been waiting for all the party supplies we ordered to arrive.  Today as we were nearing the embassy I noticed the battery meter falling a bit towards low.  I wasn't too worried.  I figured it would be fine to get us home.  (I had both my kiddos with me)  We got to the embassy, got our 6 boxes, and loaded back up in the truck.  Only to find that my truck wouldn't start!  Well, for all the places for this to happen, this was the safest place I could be.  So I went inside and asked the Marine if he could help me find someone with jumper cables to jump my truck.  He was busy calling people when I saw two neighbors of mine.  I asked if they had cables and they didn't but they were able to find the person who did.  We jumped the truck and I started following them home.  Only for the truck to completely die in the middle of Bay St. and be frozen in park.  We couldn't even push it out of the way.  Thank goodness for a passerby with cables.  We jumped it again, hooked it up to one of my neighbor's cars for him to tow to a nearby parking lot, and headed there.  Once in the parking lot we switched out batteries between trucks and between all of us, got all 3 vehicles, adults, and kids safely home.  Talk about friends being in the right place at the right time.  I'm not sure how I would've done on my own.  To top it off, one of these neighbors has family arriving from the states tomorrow and they are bringing us a new alternator.  WOW!   
Divider 4  

I've been busy updating my products in my store all week.  Many of my products needed clip art and design upgrades.  I bundled some of my products too.  Stop by and take a peek when you have the chance.
www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Joya-Crawford

Click the image




Divider 5
A sneak peek... this is my newest product I'm working on.  I'm really excited about it.  I hope to have it posted this weekend.  It's a word work bundle of the first 100 FRY words with fun engaging activities for students to practice their FRY words.  Best of all... NO PREP!
Well we have a busy weekend ahead of us... Suri has her first stand-up paddle boarding class and her Frozen theme birthday party on Saturday.  Sunday we are off to Atlantis to finally check out their waterpark for a couple of days.  Check in next week to hear all the details.  :)


5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Yes, our community pool is so nice. It's probably one of my favorite things about living here. I even enjoy sitting in a chair and reading by the pool during the "winter" when the temps are a little cooler. Thanks for stopping by!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I almost missed your post. For some reason it didn't come up in my bloglovin' feed. Crazy! Oh my gosh it sounds like you've had a week. All those car problems sound so frustrating. Can't wait to hear about the Frozen birthday party. My 2 year old is OBSESSED. Every day she has to wear Anna braids and a a dress/skirt. Yesterday she told someone her name is Anna. I'd love to get party ideas because I'm sure we will have Frozen bday if she is still in love in February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bahamas...I'm so jealous! Love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bren! Life in the Bahamas is pretty good. It has its challenges like everywhere else, but generally it's pretty good. Thanks for the complement on my blog design.
      Joya :)

      Delete