Friday, August 8, 2014

Five for FRIDAY!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3] 
Happy Friday Everyone!  I'm thrilled to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my first five for Friday!  I've been a little absent from blogging this week and need to get back in my groove.
Divider 1
Like I stated above, it's been a crazy week.  My hubby has been working 13 and 14 hour days 7 days in a row.  That leaves me as the primary parent.  I love my kids but WHEW!  It's been rough.
I want my children to be independent, head-strong people, just not while I'm raising them!
Divider 2

Thank goodness for our community pool and good friends.  We spent 3-4 hours playing in the pool with friends on Tuesday.  Here's our amazing pool!

Divider 3 
TpT sale!  I splurged and bought this!

Commercial Font License- ALL FONTS
 I am already busy making new products with my new KG fonts!  :)











Mail!  What?  Mail?  Going and getting mail is quite the ordeal here.  We have to go to the Embassy and it's a 30-45 minute drive each way.  Then there's the challenge of parking our big Ford Expedition in downtown Nassau.  Luckily we found a street spot.  My hubby had yesterday off so we dropped Suri off at a birthday party and headed to go get mail.  I was super excited though because the 3 swim suits I ordered from Old Navy arrived.  For some crazy reason I only brought 2 suits with me when I moved to the Bahamas.  I am in desperate need of some more since we swim almost every day.  Some birthday presents from family arrived for Suri too.  I will never take getting mail delivered to our house in the US for granted again!   

[Divider%25205%255B5%255D.png] 

I am so thankful for all my friends and family that are supporting me in my new adventure into blogging.  I received 46 likes my first week on Facebook and posted my first Facebook fan freebie.  Do you teach the "Peacemaker/Peace breaker" lesson?  If you don't know what I'm talking about it's a lesson using the book David Goes to School by David Shannon.  There are adorable anchor charts on Pinterest.  Just search peacemaker and peace breaker.  My second graders absolutely loved the lesson and it gave us something to refer to in the first weeks of school as we formulated our classroom rules and learned to make good decisions.  My Facebook freebie is a flap book where students sort the behaviors listed as either peacemaker or peace breaker.  I left a whole column blank so teachers can fill in those behaviors that their own classes come up with.  I hope you find it to be a helpful resource!

Happy Friday everyone and enjoy the weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Google+ and Doodlebugs. Living in the Bahamas?? Awesome! That's got to be a vacation every day. Though being the primary parent is exhausting. I was in the same boat this week when my husband was out of town....so much work when no one comes home to help you!! So jealous of your KG splurge. It is on my wishlist and would be awesome!!!! Have fun creating with all of that font goodness!

    Sara
    Sara J Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,
    Well I can't complain about the weather here, that's for sure. We were in Seattle before here so we are loving all the sunshine! We swim almost everyday and both my kids swim on their own now. There are definitely challenges to living here though, but there are challenges everywhere. I'm super excited about my splurge...it was worth it since it was 28%off and then I used all my TpT credits to help. :) How old are your kiddos? Sounds like we were in the same boat. :)
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joya,
    It does sound like we are in the same boat...yours is just in the Bahamas and mine is in Michigan! Haha! My girls are 2 and 1/2 and 9 months so still pretty little. During the sale is definitely the time to make a big purchase. Smart idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in Wisconsin. Went to UW Madison. Where are you in Michigan? There are two other officers down here from Michigan. I remember the days of having very little ones. My husband and I were foster parents when we were back in Seattle. At one point we had a newborn, a 2 year old, and two 3 year olds. We had all 4 for about a year. Fun times but crazy! I remember loving when my son was 9 months. Finally sleeping through the night most nights, starting to crawl and scoot around. I went and read your blog. Hope you have a fun weekend trip. I know how hard it is to have your kiddos out of their routine so hopefully it all works out. :)

      Delete
    2. We live outside of the Detroit area. 4 under 4?? Crazy! I can't even imagine. Yes 9 months is such a fun age. She is crawling, pulling up on furniture, sleeping 12 hours a night...so fun. And her sister loves playing with her even more now that she is a little more engaging. So far our out of town trip is a success. Both girls are napping and we are relaxing!! :-) Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Hi there! What an exciting adventure you must be having. That pool is GORGEOUS. I'm going to look up that Peace Maker/ Peace Breaker lesson. The David books are always favorites in my classroom. Thanks!

    Amy

    Always Adapting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,
      Yes, the pool is probably one of my favorite things about living here. I hope you were able to find the peace maker/peace breaker lesson. It is so much fun and the anchor charts are fun to make. Let me know if you have any questions!
      Joya :)

      Delete